Technical Manager – Highways
£50,000 – £60,000
A Technical Manager for the Highways team is required for a large international multidisciplinary engineering consultancy to be based in either their Manchester or Liverpool office.
About the Role:
The Highways team in the North West currently have some exciting opportunities and are looking to recruit experienced individuals to strengthen our expertise. We have various large scale projects for some major clients including Highways England and are looking for experienced candidates who can provide technical leadership, direction and advice to ensure that project outcomes meet the required technical standards. Actively contributing to the ongoing development of engineering excellence, you will help to engender a culture of continuous improvement within engineering design.
A typical week would include:
* Providing effective and visible technical leadership within the division;
* Ensuring the products we produce are of the highest technical standard and developing this approach to technical excellence across our Highways Engineering teams;
* Ensuring our engineering colleagues are developed to the highest accredited standard, and acting as Supervising Civil Engineer for colleagues seeking to attain accredited status with professional engineering bodies;
* Developing guidelines and providing strategic, technical and project guidance to teams working on projects and services;
* Undertaking technical reviews on projects to identify potential issues and identify innovations and best practice to share with the wider team;
We’d love to hear you if have:
* A proven track record in relevant engineering and technical disciplines, and a chartered/incorporated member of a relevant professional institution;
* The ability to establish and develop trusting relationships with clients;
* Experience of operating at a senior level, a solid relationship builder and able to interact effectively with senior stakeholders;
* The ability to prepare clear, concise and informative reports and other written materials;
* Experience of preparing bids;
* The ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations;
* Experience of supporting existing and new clients by helping them to overcome their challenges;
* A passion for quality and continuous improvement with a focus on delivery technical excellence;
* Ensuring compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation.
If you would be interested in applying for this position or would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail then please either send an up to date CV across or call Karl French on 0113 242 0303.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite .com /non-discrimination-policy