The team is an analytics and visualisation team supporting several key business and ops functions in Barclays UK. This is a drivers roll with exposure to many areas of the business; COO, Coverage, Finance, Ops, Product.
Our energies are focused on releasing value from data, and making insights actionable: Insights only becomes powerful if you are able to use them to drive change!
* The successful candidate will be expected to take end to end ownership of development of their solutions, managing their stakeholders and transitioning it into BAU
* Develop pragmatic solutions with business stakeholders
* Run working groups to drive prioritisation for deliverables
* Provide appropriate updates to steering committees and management lines
* Ensure that all builds are sustainable, in line with governance standards and appropriate support structures are in place to maintain them
* Experience of SQL and BI
* Previous experience within a PM/BA role
* A knowledge of modern reporting and analytical tools is key (QlikView, Tableau, Spotfire, Alteryx, Lavastorm, Spark etc)
* An understanding of core businesses functions and processes – a broad experience of various business lines
* Educated to degree or post degree level, in maths, sciences or engineering
* An understanding of the more advanced analytical tools (robotics, machine learning/algorithmic, blockchain)
* Big data tools experience (Hadoop, Abinitio, Datameer)
* Server side as well as application side understanding of platforms
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.