API Engineering are an expanding team group making a big difference, building APIs for internal and external developers. Our primary purpose is to lead Barclays into the API Economy by executing an API first strategy. Working in a truly dynamic environment you will have the chance to display your work on the world stage, helping to build the Barclays API Store and creating Innovative products that will bring new revenue and exciting opportunities to Barclays, Fin-Techs and beyond. Our API portals will support Barclays traditional services such as Savings, Loans, Mortgages, Investments and Payments but you will also have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies such as Virtual assistants and Internet of Things to create New and Innovative services.
* Determine purpose, target audience, scope, and content of documents with input from subject matter experts and stakeholders
* Create and maintain complex, technical documentation deliverables specifically for developers including API documentation, tutorials and technical guides and reference material for stakeholders.
* Participating in design and strategy workshops and contributing ideas to further enhance the API delivery lifecycle.
* Proven experience in writing API or technical documentation
* A good understanding of web applications and related technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Services, JSON, XML, etc.)
* Excellent written skills in English
* Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical audiences
* University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent would be preferred.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.