Technical Administrator – Central London
We are looking for a Technical Administrator to join our clients’ busy Permitting team in Southwark (Central London) on a temp-to-perm basis!
Our client is a large Highways maintenance and engineering company who are looking to bring someone on board who has experience working in a Permit Coordinator, NRSWA Coordinator, Document Control or Maintenance Coordinator role, ideally within the Highways or Utilities industry.
As Technical Administrator, you’ll be a key liaison member of staff between Commercial, Financial and Management teams, along with subcontractors and clients.
* Scheduling orders based on required timeframes, resources and materials availability (liaising with internal and external staff)
* Ordering materials via operations co-ordinator, updating internal IT system with ordered date, expected delivery date and actual delivery dates
* Track project progress, update IT system notes and detailed programmes with actual start, completion, as well as comments and variations
* Engage with the right staff, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure successful delivery of work and best value
* Permitting works via permit administrator, assign task via internal IT system
* Issue packs to sub-contractors upon acceptance and compile detailed programmes based on subcontractor resources, materials available, co-ordinating with other projects
* Engage with commercial and financial teams, assist with programme queries/information
Ideally you will have experience in a Permit Coordinator, NRSWA Coordinator, Document Control or Maintenance Coordinator role, and be familiar with the Highways or Utilities industry.
Basically, we are after someone who has the ability to work to tight deadlines and can manage their workload effectively, is organised and able to move between tasks as unexpected things pop up, and who is confident managing a database and able to report on findings and keep the Management team updated of these.
A sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office products (including Excel and Outlook) and the ability to pick up new software swiftly will be advantageous to someone in this Works Coordinator role.
If you have the right background to jump on board this Technical Administrator role with our clients’ Southwark based Permitting team then we want to hear from you!
The position will start as a contract role with the view to go permanent in the near future.
Apply with your CV today, or give us a call at he office to discuss further.