Job Title: Senior Engineers & Sub Agents (Earthworks, Structures, Drainage)
Location: HS2 Central (C2 / C3) Aylesbury, Brackley, Banbury, Milton Keynes
Sector: Earthworks, Drainage, Infrastructure, Rail (NON-PTS)
Start Date: Q2 2021
Job Type: Permanent Role:
Salary: Circa £45,000 to £52,000 Per Annum + Package
**Salary negotiable on relevant experience and level**
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor, who operate within the Infrastructure sector, have an excellent opportunity available for experienced Senior Engineers and Sub Agent’s to join their team, managing the delivery of upcoming self-delivered HS2 works, over the coming years.
In this role, you will help to ensure the timely delivery of large-scale earthworks, drainage and structures packages’, which is being self-delivered by our client. You will be required to work with the wider internal team, (Liaising with Site Engineers / Surveyors / Digital Engineers / Geotechnical staff), ensuring that all works are carried out efficiently, accurately and safely, therefore helping to ensure that the project sticks to the pre-agreed programme. Due to this, previous experience of self-delivering works is essential (rather than subcontractor management).
Furthermore, you will be responsible for ensuring control of engineering and surveying accuracies, quantification, quality assurance, ITP production, monitoring and completion, documentation production and accuracy. Reporting into either a Sub Agent / Project Manager, you will liaise with various other members across the wider team, developing strong, collaborative working relationships.
Daily duties with include but are not limited to:
* Assist with the construction strategy, including kick-off meetings and pre-commencement documentation such as Method Statements, Environmental and Quality Plans, Construction programmes, procurement and design deliverable schedules.
* Driving HSE regulations on the project whilst ensuring projects stick to the required quality standards.
* Ensuring works meet cost and programme targets.
* Ensuring overall control of engineering and surveying accuracies, quantification, quality assurance, ITP production, monitoring and completion and documentation production and accuracy.
* Interfacing with the internal Digital Engineers and Geotechnical staff, as well as the engineering / technician functions on site.
* Managing a team of Engineers and Graduate engineers, across a dedicated project section.
* Liaising with the Section Foreman to allocate labour, plant, materials and temporary works to carry out the activities to the required standards, programme and budget.
* Manage the site engineering team and be responsible for the performance and development of Site and Section Engineers.
* Assisting with the co-ordination of construction operations, ensuring they conform to the contract requirements and the required level of safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) is a key part of this role.
Candidates will ideally have:
* A relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction, or similar (Such as a Degree/HNC)
* Previously worked as a Senior Engineer, Sub Agent or Site Agent, on projects that involve self-delivering large scale Earthworks and Drainage.
* A strong background in heavy civil engineering, inclusive of earthworks and muckshift techniques, alongside drainage, structures, culverts and tunneling works. (Self-delivery of packages).
* A strong knowledge and practical experience of Site Engineering activities on site, inclusive of Setting Out, Dimensional Control, Surveying, Checking etc.
* Previously worked on major projects within the Infrastructure sector, for a substantial length of time.
* Relevant qualifications including CSCS Card. Additional qualifications such as SSSTS/SMSTS, Temporary Works Supervisor, CAT and Genny, RD8000 (Advantageous)
* Strong knowledge of HSQE regulations.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on LinkedIn or via
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Decorators required to assist on a project in NW1 Works to external windows, oil based paints. Brushes and prep tools...Apply For This Job
Anders Elite are currently recruiting for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with a heavy background in Groundworks and Civil Engineering. This...Apply For This Job
Our client, a well known construction company operating within the rail and civil engineering industries is seeking to increase the...Apply For This Job
We are working with a leading Facilities Management provider to recruit a Project Manager to oversee the TFM services across...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Planner OR Senior Planner x 2 (HS2 and Civil Engineering) Location: Warwick to Northampton (With Midlands site travel,...Apply For This Job