Strategic Planning Manager – Dunstable
We are looking for an experienced Strategic Planning Manager with a background in Highways maintenance to join our client in Dunstable.
As Strategic Planning Manager you will develop, report and hold to account the Client and Operational delivery teams in the delivery of the Annual Plan & Providers Plan.
In this role you will need to present against three key themes: – visibility, transparency and delivery. This will involve working closely with the Client, internal teams, stakeholders and key Supply Chain Partners.
Key points in brief
* Manage and support team responsible for Planning, Programming and Permits.
* Ensure that project leads are updating programme regularly and accurately.
* Manage and ensure compliance with the agreed scheme programmes and project deadlines
* Manage the performance and development of a team in line with company and local business objectives.
* Produce build and prelim programmes.
* Explore innovative ways to deliver, through value engineering and initiative management
* Provide leadership and direction for all activity in the Integrated Delivery Team
* Ensure all works are delivered in accordance with the Permit Scheme and Traffic Management Act.
* Performance Reviews of direct reports ensuring objectives meet Business Strategy.
* Ensure compliance with the Quality Management Systems.
* Engage in Early Contractor Involvement with subcontractors.
* Ensure the build complies with health and safety regulations and CDM requirements.
You are an experienced Team Manager with a background in Project Planning in a highways maintenance and construction environment.
You have a strong ability to challenge existing programmes of work.
You can engage and conduct effective negotiations.
You have an understanding of all commercial and financial requirements.
You have a comprehensive understanding of highway maintenance and works including the Permit system, traffic order processes, bay suspensions and other statutory obligations that are required as part of project planning.
Substantial experience of coordinating multiple works sites within an urban and rural environment is essential.
If this sounds like a bit of you and you are looking for the next challenge, then a great job awaits in Dunstable!
This position is permanent and paying up to £55K for the right person.
Apply with your CV or give us a call in the office to discuss!