My client, a major contractor, is looking to strengthen their operations team with a Site Manager for their major joint venture water framework in Kent. You will lead and direct the site team to coordinate the safe management of all operational activities on all projects ensuring HSQE, programme and budget requirements are met.
The join venture and will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex).
My client is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. They have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as main contractor and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
You will report directly to the Programme Manager and the responsibilities will include:
* Develop scheme Health, Safety and Environmental Management Plan (HASEMP)
* To ensure works are constructed defect free
* Ensure all works are undertaken with due regard to the needs of the local population within the immediate vicinity of the works and the travelling public as a whole
* Manage, supervise and mentor the site team as appropriate
* Ensure only adequately trained and experienced operatives are engaged on site to deliver the scheme
* Adopt, maintain and promote cost conscious management through efficient use of all resources
* Ensure realistic scheme programmes are prepared, reviewed and updated
* Ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared, reviewed, briefed and updated
* Deliver site inductions and regular tool box talk briefings to all site personnel
* Ensure all plant and equipment used is fit for purpose, only operated by suitably trained personnel and regularly inspected
* Ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form
* Keep line management apprised of potential problems and opportunities
* Ensure all “as constructed” records are provided to the CDMC for inclusion within the Health and Safety File in a timely manner following scheme completion
About The Candidate:
* Recognised Civil Engineering/Site Management Qualifications
* Degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management
* Health, Safety and Environmental Management (IOSH or Construction Managers Safety Certificate
* Valid Driving Licence
* CSCS Site Manager (Min)
* First Aid at Work
* Understanding of Engineering Principles
* Incorporated or Chartered status
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
My client, a highly reputable major contractor, is seeking to expand its commercial team on a major National Grid framework,...Apply For This Job
I am currently seeking a Setting Out Engineer for work on a Large Infastructure Project in West London. This could...Apply For This Job
Design Manager Brighton, East Sussex £50,000 – £60,000 My client, a major contractor, is looking to strengthen their Engineering team...Apply For This Job
I am currently seeking a Freelance Site Agent for work at Heathrow Airport. Within this role your responsibilities will include...Apply For This Job
Due to recent successful bids on the AMP7 Frameworks, my client, an esteemed contractor, is looking to strengthen their Engineering...Apply For This Job