About the Role:
Mt client’s engineering team specialises in providing development infrastructure solutions
from feasibility, planning, through to full implementation predominantly within the housing sector.
They work very closely with their layout and architecture side of the business to provide clients with the best co-ordinated approach and are seeking to recruit a Principal/Senior Engineer to join the Cardiff team.
My client provides high level advice to private sector clients relating to Highways, Public Realm, Sewerage, SUDS, Building Drainage, Earthworks, Flood Protection and Services Co-ordination and Utilities Diversions. They provide full SuDS design in accordance Sewer Sector Guide and Schedule 3
predominantly on Residential and strategic sites.
The team also works closely with other disciplines on high profile major multi-disciplinary projects,
contributing to the success of the Cardiff based teams.
Typical responsibilities include:
* Being active on several project/client accounts at any given time
* Client and design team liaison and some sub project management duties (depending on
your level of experience)
* Being responsible or actively engaged (depending on experience) for ensuring your projects
are delivered to budget, programme and technical standards and meet QA, CDM and HSE
Essential Skills and knowledge:
* Post graduate experience or have equivalent commercial experience and responsibility
* Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience in highway design, drainage strategy and
design, FCA/FRA and management, S104/S38/S278 as well as a wide knowledge of the
* A good appreciation of hydraulics, hydrology and general appreciation of geotechnics and
building structures is desirable
* The ability to produce masterplan appraisals, site specific appraisals, technical reports,
FCA/FRA’s, design calculations and construction drawings
* Good knowledge of the relevant design codes such as Sewers for Adoption, DMRB, Manual
for Streets and Local Authority Design Guides, be well versed in the preparation of drawings
for Contract Documents and technical approvals under S278/S38
* Good written and spoken communication skills and experience of liaison with clients, co-professionals and design teams, and be competent in liaising with highway, water, statutory
and local authorities to negotiate the necessary outline and detailed technical approvals
* Knowledge of current and emerging technical and planning guidance on climate change
and sustainability, Schedule 3 and SSG in Wales and England respectively.
* The ability to use, direct and check the use of relevant software including WINDES/PDS Flow
and Civils 3D/ PDS
If this sounds like the kind of career move that you could take hold of and make your own, please don’t hesitate to contact me ASAP.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Quantity / Senior Quantity Surveyor – Fast Track fit out – Cheshire Based – Perm Role – £32000 – £55,000...Apply For This Job
Professional Quantity Surveyor role -NEC3 form of contract- Civil engineering sector – Merseyside – email me to apply The Client...Apply For This Job
Anderselite require 2 carpenters for a job in Reading. Timber frame work, composite cladding ,fencing etc. 2 weeks to start....Apply For This Job
Job Title: Business Development Manager Location: Manchester / North West The client: * An established Manchester based contractor in the...Apply For This Job
Labourers required to assist on a commercial site in Kingston upon Thames. Works will be soft strip demo of a...Apply For This Job