My client, Amey Consulting, has asked me to identify and assist in placing a Senior Traffic Engineer with their Trafford Highways Design team.
This Consulting account provides the local highway authority function on behalf of Trafford Council. It comprises approximately 32 engineers, technicians and support staff, and is organised into four teams dealing with Traffic, Development Control & Drainage, Highway Maintenance and Highway structures.
The account has a significant forward work programme of projects including:
* Maintenance and improvement of highway structures
* Integrated transport, public realm and road safety improvement schemes
* Greater Manchester Mayors Cycling and Walking Challenge Fund projects
* Highway improvements funded through developer contributions S278/106
* Carrington Relief Road
* Emergency Action Transport Fund
* Greater Manchester Growth Deal
* Mayors Challenge Fund
* Carrington Relief Road
What is the purpose of this role?
This is an excellent opportunity to assist the Principal Engineer with leading the Highways Capital Maintenance team working on highway asset management and the highway capital programme.
You will take a leading role in the development and delivery of the Trafford One Partnership Highways Capital Programme of works, including Asset Management, Streetlighting and Drainage.
You will be working on the delivery of not only the One Trafford Partnership but supporting in delivering the Transport for Greater Manchester project and initiatives, Ameys wider business community and stakeholders.
The key responsibilities are:
* Taking ownership of and resolving problems
* Prepare / Check project design briefs, health and safety
* Preparation of solutions at various design stages of a project preparation of drawings, reports, specifications and estimates
* Support and assist in planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances, including all gateway controls.
* Develop and maintain the HIAMP for the client including reporting back to DfT TfGM and other Stakeholders, supporting programme development and bids
* Develop and deliver Capital programme of works for the Client, managing all stages.
* Undertake technical work checks and approvals of drawings, Health and Safety packages and communications programmes
* Understand/be conversant in using AutoCAD 2D/3D,
* Understand and manage UKPMS processes using Horizons or other similar related software.
* Resolve technical problems and issues to support the delivery of projects or design objective
* Resolve enquiries from Councillors, the public and stakeholders to support the delivery of the contract, projects or design objectives
* Prepare technical reports for both internal and external purposes.
* Provide technical administrative support including project advice and design assessments
* Assist with continuous improvement in the services provided by the team
* Assist less experienced colleagues in ensuring compliance with pre-defined standards
What are we looking for?
You will have attained an HNC/BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering or similar and have attained Chartered status of the Institution of Civil Engineers / Institution of Highways and Transportation or similar.
Knowledge / Experience:
* The applicant will need to demonstrate they have the key skills/knowledge in the following areas:
* Demonstrate an understanding of Civil Engineering design to DMRB, HCWH, Standards and Sewers for Adoption
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD 2D /3D, MX and Micro-Drainage
* Understanding of Highway Asset Management delivery, Whole Government Accounts and UKPMS data gathering processes
* Experience of Horizons or similar UKPMS software systems
* Experience in working on both Local Authority and Capital maintenance and /or developer-led schemes as part of a multi-disciplinary design team
* Experience in Policy and report writing development, Highway Capital programme and Drainage and/or flood alleviation works
* Ability to undertake site surveys, including topographical and asset data gathering.
* Knowledge of highway design products, standards and protocols for scheme development and delivery
* Budget monitoring and project management
* Demonstrated experience in a client-facing position.
* Understanding of Civil Engineering design to DMRB, HCWH, Standards and Sewers for Adoption
* Understanding of highway surfacing materials CDM Regulations and street works permit schemes
* Knowledge of Highways Act and Traffic Act
* CDM knowledge
* Development of Safe systems of work and risk assessments
If the above matches your skills and experience, and you are looking for new projects/challenges – please get in touch ASAP. All correspondence will be treated with the utmost confidence.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Our client, a well known construction company operating within the Rail Industry is seeking to employ a Site Agent to...Apply For This Job
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager to work for our client, a well known construction company that is...Apply For This Job
Our client, a leading construction company in the UK is seeking to employ a Planner/Senior Planner (Primavera) to be based...Apply For This Job
We are seeking a Quantity Surveyor/Senior QS to work on a freelance basis (3 months with a possible extension) for...Apply For This Job
Due to an increase in work in their civil engineering/multi disciplinary division, our client, a well know construction company is...Apply For This Job