Our client is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy based in Southeast London. As their enthusiastic and capable team expands, they are looking for an accomplished Senior Quantity Surveyor to lead a team of Quantity Surveyors.
You, Senior Quantity Surveyor will take the lead in client management and help develop and transform the team. This role will allow you to work from their head office in Sidcup as well as working from your home.
As a major consultancy in the built environment, they offer a full range of services across engineering and design. They are well-recognised for their excellent company culture and generous flexibility; that they offer to their employees to help them learn and grow!
Who you are and what you will bring?
* 7+ years of experience in a consultancy environment
* Member of the RICS or close to achieving Chartered status
* Excellent communication skills in a client facing role
* Previous experience in construction projects with both the public and private sectors across healthcare, education, housing refurbishments (including re-cladding), mixed use new build residential developments.
What will be the responsibilities as the Senior Quantity Surveyor?
* Help understand the client’s aspirations and establish the project brief and implement strategies.
* Create feasibility stage reports confirming likely expenditure, optional costs and anticipated programme to a level of detail informed by design progress and Client’s constraints (time and budget), including liaising with other consultants.
* Evaluate procurement strategy and advise the most appropriate solution in terms of contract form, cost certainty, flexibility and timescales.
* Liaise with the project team members to agree the proposed solution meets the brief in terms of functionality, statutory / legislative requirements, value for money / budget constraints, delivery programme and other related issues (e.g. sustainability)
* Produce appropriate tender documentation to secure a robust response including reviewing design information, confirming tender lists and responding to queries.
* Supervise design development and track commercial impact on agreed budget precedent to producing a detailed pre-tender estimate.
* Arrange Contract Documentation ensuring it is complete and properly executed.
* Convene, chair, minute and attend (as agreed) all necessary progress meetings.
* Undertake post contract administration duties (again as agreed) including issuing all necessary instructions / certificates and processing interim payment applications.
* Provide regular progress reports advising performance against programme and budget, anticipating potential issues and advising possible solutions.
* Agree the Final Account for the completed project considering all matters which may have had a material impact on cost and implementation.
* Gather, produce, respond to and disseminate in a timely manner all correspondence and other material pertaining to the above and the project, including saving data in accordance with Company policy.
* Providing advice / technical support to the rest of the team and the Company on an ad hoc basis.
* Keeping up to date with new initiatives, changes in legislation, etc. affecting the industry as a whole and performance of professional services.
* Support the Regional/Group Manager in the development of the Profit Centre Business Plans.
What you will be offered as the Senior Quantity Surveyor
* Hybrid working policy
* Flexible working hours policy
* Long service award
* Cycle-to-work scheme
* Life assurance
* Annual season ticket loan
* Generous maternity and paternity pay
* Incentive scheme
If you are an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor, looking for your next move this is an exciting role for you!
We have an amazing opportunity to work with one of Europe’s leading Solar Power Inverter and Energy storage companies. They...Apply For This Job
Our client is an experienced wind energy developer. They are a company who have developed and built winds and solar...Apply For This Job
This is a an exciting time for our client who are growing! They are hiring a Structural Design Engineer to...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a skilled Remote Support Engineer, who will be given the flexibility to work anywhere remotely from...Apply For This Job
We have an excellent opportunity for a Digital Engineer to join our client. They have an excellent reputation for being...Apply For This Job