Anderselite are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our client, a leading Construction and Civil Engineering Tier 1 Contractor on a permanent basis in Birmingham.
If successful, you will be joining a well-established HS2 commercial team and will be responsible for initiating and leading tasks and processes – relevant to the section of the project.
* Provide liaison with the client, Project QS’s and senior staff.
* Plan and manage own works and that of other members of the commercial team.
* Ensure commercial position is protected using in depth understanding and experience of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes.
* Provide commercial support to the tender process
* Prepare the basis of the project procurement schedule and ensure the team contribute and complete their relevant sections.
* Ensure the materials and off-site services are procured in an efficient manner.
* Prepare Subcontract invitations to tender and evaluate tender returns (time, cost, quality, and SHE).
* Carry out subcontract procurement in accordance with the procurement timetable.
* Maximise Cash Flow through timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
* Develop a strategy for concluding client negotiations.
* Identify, manage, and reduce unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
* Monitor resources and costs to ensure all projects meet / exceed targets.
* Carry out early value engineering activities as part of the project team ensuring all associated costs and change are included in evaluation.
* Manage prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including compensation events (Variations).
* Prepare subcontract instructions and put in place robust subcontract change control procedures.
* Re-measurement and provision of quantified schedules of works and / or bills of quantities.
* BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management or a qualification of a similar discipline is essential.
* Membership of RICS, ICES or CIOB is desirable.
* Must have a clear understanding and working knowledge of project start up procedures and experience implementing procedures.
* Understand the impact of commercial and technical changes at strategic level.
* Demonstrate a high level of commercial and technical knowledge.
For more information, please contact Macauly at Anderselite on 0121 200 5520
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
As one of the UK’s leading multidisciplinary engineering consultants our client pride themselves on providing sustainable design solutions to meet...Apply For This Job
We are currently looking for a Senior Technician to join our clients specialist Mission/Infrastructure Critical team in the heart of...Apply For This Job
I am currently seeking a Freelance Site Engineer to cover a couple of Civils project. One based in Lewisham and...Apply For This Job
Associate Director- Structural Engineering: This is a great time to join one of the UK’s most recognised and successful engineering...Apply For This Job
Our client is recruiting 2 Senior Engineers for their Structures team. This opportunity is with a highly respected multi-discipline engineering...Apply For This Job