Senior Quantity Surveyor – Spec House builder – Residential / Housing projects – East Cheshire based office – North West projects – call me on 07980 006 436 for more information
A national house builder with a fantastic reputation seek a residential Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on multiple unit traditional build large development projects across the North Area region.
Supervise, manage, and advise on the Financial & Contractual Aspects of specific Developments across the division.
* Monitor production of information and advice on financial feasibility of design development.
* Receive initial tender information from Estimating and prepare and update procurement schedules and programmes.
* Liaise with Design and Build Manager / Project Coordinator to establish requirements for pre-contract expenditure and strategic procurement.
* Liaise with estimating department to determine allowances in tender sum for specification and employer’s requirements.
* Identify VE ideas and suggestions including most efficient methods of construction and specification changes if appropriate
* Produce an initial RFI list and a Risks and Opportunities Schedule. Ensure Opportunities are realised and ensure the Construction team fully understand the ‘financial plan’ for the project
* Manage the RFI list and liaise with other departments to ensure all adequate information is received in line with the requirements of the project
* Select suitable Subcontractors for works packages. Approve the competency of Subcontractors for inclusion on the Subcontractor’s Approved List. Ensure the QS/AQS Maintains and reviews the Approved List of Subcontractors in accordance with the Departmental procedures.
* Manage the QS/AQS to prepare and issue Subcontract package enquiries (mentor, correct or produce as necessary to ensure deadlines are met) Manage the QS/AQS on the schedule showing current Status of each enquiry and ensure. Also, as required produce Schedule for pricing and undertake Take Off’s of quantities. (understanding of drawn information is essential)
* Manage the Supply Chain (Subcontractors) to ensure tenders/bids are received on time or record if they have declined to tender
* Prepare tender evaluations, clearly identify package requirements and any exclusions to ensure comparison is like for like, issue A6 for approval / signing by authorised signatory
* Produce subcontract orders and ensure drawn and specification information is issued with order
* Manage the QS/AQS to ensure throughout the project updated drawings and specification changes are issued to Subcontractors
* Organise, Attend and Chair Subcontract prestart meetings ensuring attendance from H&S and Construction
* Ensure all necessary RAMS are received from each Subcontractor and pass them to H&S and Site for approval. Manage the QS/AQS to produce a schedule of RAMS received ensuring it is updated regularly and issue to relevant parties.
* Prepare and monitor subcontract documentation and warranties for eventual engrossment by parties to the contract.
Salary and Benefits
£45,000 – £55,000
Pension plus contributions
Holidays plus bank holidays
As this is a Senior role you must have a minimum 10 years’ experience. You may have either House Building or Main contracting experience.
BSc in Quantity Surveying is ideal, a HNC / HND is essential or a similar in a commercial related course is essential.
Previous recent experience running multi-unit residential schemes and drivers licence is essential.
How to apply for this Senior Quantity Surveyor role:
If you are interested in this Quantity Surveyor position then please apply via LinkedIn alternatively you can send an up to date CV or call me on 07980 006 436 if you have any questions
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Assistant Cost Manager & Cost Manager EMEA Commercial Office Sector Consultancy London £30,000 – £50,000 Basic (+ £5,000 Car Allowance...Apply For This Job
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Permanent Role – Lancashire based company – Civil Engineering – NEC form of contract – 07980...Apply For This Job
Permanent Project Manager coming from a degree qualified background needed to join a growing and dynamic main contractor based in...Apply For This Job
Ground labourers required to assist with clearance on site in the Sutton area. Digging out, loading barrows and removing. PPE...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Senior Planner x 2 (1 x Construction and 1 x Rail) Location: Warwick to Northampton (With Midlands site...Apply For This Job