Senior Quantity Surveyor – Civil and Nuclear Projects – Based in West Cumbria
A Senior Quantity Surveyor (SQS) will be a key role in a delivery contract, managing the contract administration from the early design plans, through to contract completion. You would make sure that the project meet legal and quality standards and ensuring that clients get value for money.-
As SQS you will have a sound knowledge / understanding of construction methods and materials and keen attention to detail, with strong evidence of assessments of contracts within the NEC3 suite of contracts, principally options C & E (ECC). You may be working on multiple contracts simultaneously between £1m and £65m.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* If required, assist the Work Winning Team with assessment of tenders.
* If required, negotiate contract percentages, amendments to terms and conditions, alterations to Contract Data and Schedule of Cost Components.
* If required, early conditional Subcontract procurement.
* Preparation of applications for payment.
* Preparation of final forecasts of cost and value.
* Assist Project Controls team in vetting contract programme logic and advise on structure of float/TRA/planned completion date.
* Prepare month cost value reports and report to Senior Leadership Team
* Manage change management recording change, price, coordinate programme implications with Project Controls team, negotiate, advise for escalations and complete / assist in dispute resolution.
* Manage and supervise procurement Subcontracts, service contracts, manufacture contracts.
* Assist in the management of the Project.
o Assist Project Controls team with risk register
o General Communications
o Internal and external weekly and monthly reporting
o Others as required
* Manage Subcontract accounts through to final account.
* Manage QS, commercial assistants and project procurement teams.
* Act as Delegated Authority for the Head of Commercial.
* Support the Head of Commercial in leadership tasks.
* The role is a project based role. Travel is expected.
* Any other duties as reasonably required.
Key Skills and Competencies
* 10+ years’ post contract experience with demonstration of achieving completion of work identified in the duties and responsibilities.
* Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building, Engineering and Civil Engineering industries.
* Experience with CEMAR preferred (not essential).
* Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability to work on own initiative and to manage others.
* Good IT skills – particularly Word and Excel.
* Excellent communication skills.
* High degree of personal motivation
* Flexibility with regard to working across all areas/locations of the business, and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging position.
* Associate or Member of RICS (Royal Institution for Chartered Surveyors) or similar preferred
* HNC, Degree qualified or similar.
* 10+ years post contract experience.
* UK driving licence.
£45,000 – £65,000
Flexi time working (37 hours per week)
Based in West Cumbria
25 days holiday with an option to buy another 5 days
If you want more information on any of these roles my number is 07980 006 436
If you want to apply please email me
I pride myself in providing both clients and candidates with an honest, efficient and extremely effective recruitment staffing solution.
Please review my LinkedIn Profile – I currently have 95 client & candidate recommendations and references on my profile. Take a look…..
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy
Project Manager needed for an upgrade of water treatment works in the North East, This includes new process stream and...Apply For This Job