Senior Front End Developer
Salary- Competitive plus excellent benefits
We are currently looking for a Senior Front End Developer and this is an exciting opportunity for the right person. In this role you will be responsible for the production of high quality code on a personal and team level, adhering to all software engineering quality standards / benchmarks. Ideally you will have proven experience in React, Angular and Backbone and you will be passionate about learning new skills as we are working with the latest tech stack.
What will you be doing?
* Technical lead across a programme of work
* Lead, collaborate and communicate with other developers to build technical solutions
* Lead, collaborate and communicate with design & UX teams, to understand experience and brand
* Responsible for making technical decisions that require a strong understanding of the problem domains
* Provide technical direction to other team members
* Promote & drive innovation by actively advocating new tools, processes and technical developments to drive continuous improvement.
* Maintain an in-depth understanding of relevant and up to date knowledge of applications and techniques.
What we’re looking for:
* Strong understanding of End-to-end software development lifecycle, with working knowledge of Agile Software development techniques
* Responsive development with CSS & CSS pre-processors
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Industry experience in Test Driven Development with UI e2e testing, and build tools
* Experience building to Accessibility Standards (WCAG)
* Strong understanding of CI / DevOps
* Industry experience with state management (Redux)
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day, and make sure that 196 Barclaycard payments every second happen seamlessly. This couldn’t be possible without the collaboration between all our teams – from tech, marketing, functions, and operations – and the global partnerships our Northampton colleagues have. Our environmentally friendly office is within 5 minutes of the local town, easily accessible from the M1, and we run frequent shuttlebuses to and from Northampton train station.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.