Job Title: Senior Estimator (Highways)
Location: Nottinghamshire (East Midlands / M1)
Start Date: Q3 2021
Sectors: Highways, Highways England, Motorways, Junction Improvement, Civil Engineering
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: Circa £55,000 to £65,000 + Per Annum + Package
** Negotiable on level + experience – will consider higher salaries **
Our client, an established Civil Engineering Contractor who operate within the Highways sector, is currently looking for a Senior Estimator to join their team on a permanent basis, delivering upcoming Highway Infrastructure projects across the UK, the majority of which are in the Midlands & Yorkshire regions.
We are ideally looking for an individual with previous experience working within the highways sector, who can work from first principles, building cost estimates from the ground up, producing technical information for competitive tenders. In this role you will report into a Pre-construction Director, working with the wider construction, bid and planning team, to ensure work is won and priced effectively.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
* Producing analytical rate build ups using Conquest commercial estimating software.
* Obtaining sufficient quotations to enable valued commercial judgement.
* Preparing accurate cost estimates for the preliminary resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements.
* Checking labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate, with those derived from the tender programme.
* Input for the preparation of Quality and Technical Submissions.
* Identifying potential risks vs opportunity associated with the tender documents.
* Risk review of the tender to inform bid decisions, in conjunction with Pre-Construction team.
* Proposing innovative ideas.
* Attending and presenting cost information at tender settlement meetings.
* Preparing the commercial tender for submission to the Client.
* Promoting nmcn, its image and values, within the industry.
Candidates will ideally:
* Hold a formal qualification in civil engineering or estimating (or similar).
* Have considerable experience working as an Estimator / Senior Estimator, working with wider pre-construction teams, to create successful tenders.
* Have considerable knowledge of the Highways sector, having estimated for and won major highway projects, ideally having worked with end clients such as Highways England.
* Have worked up from an on-site background, such as a Site Engineer, possessing a good understanding of consultation buildability and feasibility.
* Be able to work from first principles, also able to use Conquest Estimating software.
* Be an organised individual with good communication skills, striving for continuous development.
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Tim Smyth via LinkedIn or on 0121 200 5524.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Job Title – Senior Quantity Surveyor Location – Greater Manchester office projects The Company My client are a medium sized...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor Area of work: Utilities – Clean Water Reporting to: Commercial Manager Location: Lancashire The Role...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Design Project Manager Location: Derby (AMP 7 Severn Trent Water) Sector: AMP7, Water, Wastewater, Water Treatment Works, Sewage...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor (Highways) Location: Birmingham / Warwickshire Start Date: Q3 2021 Sectors: Highways, Highways England, Motorways, Junction Improvement,...Apply For This Job
An exceptional opportunity has arisen to join a multi-disciplinary consultancy with their own in-house architectural practice. Due to their continued...Apply For This Job