Job Title: Senior Estimator (Construction Build)
Location: Warwickshire (With Midlands site travel, as required)
Sector: Construction, Build (With associated civil engineering / groundworks / highways)
Software: Candy Estimating Software Experienced Required
Start Date: Q2 2021
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Circa £60,000 to £70,000 Per Annum + Package (Base salary negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Construction and Civil Engineering Contractor, who operate across the Construction Build sector, have an excellent opportunity available for experienced Senior Estimator to join their team on a permanent basis, where you will get the opportunity to work on Construction projects across the Midlands region.
In this role, you will work within a multidisciplinary Construction and Civil Engineering Team, who collectively have the responsibility to deliver major and minor programmes of work, delivering multiple projects typically ranging from £10 Million to £50+ Million (value). Our client self-delivers work where possible, including their own groundworks and heavy civil engineering, which often puts them at a competitive edge.
Overall, this is an exciting role that will help to expand the current business unit, which typically deliver projects such as industrial units, education facilities and office blocks (with associated highways), in turn helping the whole business to significantly grow over the coming years. In return our client is able to assist you with developing through your career, in line with your personal goals. Their current pipeline of work comes from existing /repeat clients however you will also get change to work with new clients in the future, giving you the opportunity to work within a growing team.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
* Building up pricing lists using Candy Estimating Software, using first principles estimating through up to date technology.
* Reviewing tender documentation to fully understand the scope of works.
* Identifying commercial risk and opportunities for project cost reduction, where applicable.
* Establishing and communicating estimating tender timeline.
* Creating Construction project cost estimates, incorporating groundworks and civil engineering aspects.
* Supporting the wider team when setting project budgets.
* Working with the supply chain to ensure target prices are set.
* Generating bespoke target prices for major projects using agreed schedule of rates.
* Engaging early in tenders, with the bid team, to identify proposed works delivery method.
* Quantifying works involved from tender documents, by taking off and producing a logical bill of quantities, in a recognised standard form, including identification of method related items.
* Preparing an accurate cost estimate for the preliminary resources required to carry out the works, in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements
* Participating in risk reviews of tenders, to inform bid decisions in conjunction with Pre-Construction and Operational staff.
* Preparing pricing documents in the correct format, for submission to the Client.
* On acceptance of tender by the client, assisting in checking that proposed contract reflects the enquiry documents and subsequent offer.
* Preparing and presenting tender handover documents to the delivery team.
* Liaising with the construction teams, at scheme close out meetings, to ensure outputs and resource data are collected, providing feedback for future tenders.
Candidates will ideally have:
* A relevant industry qualification, such as a Degree, ONC, HNC or NVQ Equivalent.
* Previous experience working in a similar role, having tendered, won and delivered construction and civil engineering works etc.
* Ideally have worked on projects circa £10 Million to £50 Million, including industrial units, education facilities and office blocks (or similar).
* Working knowledge of Candy Estimating Software.
* Working knowledge of standard forms of contract, such as NEC, JCT and FIDIC.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online or send your CV , or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Assistant Cost Manager & Cost Manager EMEA Commercial Office Sector Consultancy London £30,000 – £50,000 Basic (+ £5,000 Car Allowance...Apply For This Job
Business Development Manager Salary: Up to £50,000 (DoE) plus package An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a growing modular...Apply For This Job
Plasterers required for a high-end residential refurbishment in the Godalming area. Skimming and bonding works initially. Tools, PPE and CSCS...Apply For This Job
Permanent Project Manager coming from a degree qualified background needed to join a growing and dynamic main contractor based in...Apply For This Job
Anders Elite are currently recruiting for an experienced Civils Site Manager for a project due to last up to 3...Apply For This Job