Senior Estimator – Civil Engineering Sector – West Cheshire – Up to £68,000 + package call me on 07980 006 436 or email your cv
The Estimator will already have worked as an Estimator / Senior estimator for a Civil Engineering contractor pricing heavy civil engineering projects such as highways and road projects, general civil engineering, waste & clean water, flood defence works, bridges and renewable energy
The Estimator / Senior Estimator will be required to scrutinise incoming inquiries, asses all relevant technical issues, prepare estimates of the costs of the works, submits proposals to clients and negotiates terms and conditions with the clients to contract award. All applicants must be able to identify and communicate the critical issues that may impact on cost sensitive areas. They must be able to develop total project cost summaries, basis of estimate document with assumptions, exclusions, and price schedule. The Estimator must be a team player and have experience in heavy civil construction.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
* Pricing civil engineering projects (mainly roads / highways etc)
* Evaluate incoming inquiries
* Participates in regular project controls and proposal meetings and other meetings/committees as appropriate.
* Asses all technical issues of the project
* Works with engineering, proposals, project controls and supply chain during bid preparation to deliver total installed cost estimates of all classes
* Prepare estimates and proposals
* Reviews and evaluates costs for sub contract fabrication on work orders.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Assist in maintaining effective relationships with internal and external clients
Job Skills & Abilities Guidelines
* Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
* Experience in estimating civil engineering projects
* You must have worked as an estimator pricing utilities – waste and clean water, flood defence works, bridges., renewable energy and infrastructure
* Ability to review drawings and perform quantity takeoffs
* Ability to use quantity takeoffs to produce “priced” estimates
* Capability to produce any order of magnitude estimate
* Understands cost based risk analysis
* Ability to work independently
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Functions effectively as part of a team
* Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
* Ability to understand and follow directions
* Good time management and organisational skills
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience required
Must have proven experience in quantity survey techniques, basic pressure vessel design, basic plant layout, and vessel and process package bidding as well as experience estimating site costs (i.e. civil, structural, field piping, etc.).
* Office Based
* Must be able to work under pressure.
* Must be available by phone at odd hours and during time off.
* Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department.
£50,000 – £68,000 per annum
Company related bonus
Company car or Car allowance
Your application will be reviewed by Alexandra Smith at the Manchester branch of AndersElite.
If you believe you are suitable for this role please forward your cv to myself on or ring me on 07980 006 436 or 0161 832 7577
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy
Job Title: Principal Designer/ Health and Safety Consultant Location: London Salary: Competitive with benefits Our client a leading well-established consultancy...Apply For This Job