Senior Estimator role – Heavy Civil Engineering large projects – Cheshire area – Highways and roads Heavy Civil Engineering Projects
A national civil engineering contractor with a strong North West presence. A contractor with a solid work stream and a fantastic reputation.
I am currently looking for a diligent Senior Estimator to prepare accurate estimates for Civil Engineering Highways and Roads projects. You will be office based in an office in Cheshire. You will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
All applicants will have experience pricing a wide range of projects including some (but not all)
· Ensure tender documents, addendums, client correspondence etc., are logged on the server and relevant team members are issued with copies.
· Produce sub-contractor enquiry schedule, obtaining suggestions / feedback from the tender team, procurement department preferred/ approved contractor schedules.
· Issue sub-contract enquiries, including scope of works and attendance schedules (where applicable).
· Issue materials enquiries
· Establish competition
· Arrange production of B/Qs where required or B/Q share.
· Carry out pricing of certain elements from first principles, i.e. Earthworks, drainage, FRC, Kerbing etc
· Undertake spot checks on measures/bill descriptions.
· Chase tender returns and update enquiry schedule
· Raise tender queries
· Challenge current designs on Design & Build Tenders to produce Tender Savings
· Develop and fill gaps in tender, compile clarifications and estimator notes for file copy.
· Incorporate late changes / tender amendments
· Assist in the collation of tender risk and opportunity assessment.
· Assist in the production of a value engineering schedule
· Assist in the production of the R&O Analysis
· Reviewing the risk register on bids
· Carrying out regular tender reviews
· Analyse nett tender package returns and complete sub-contractor analysis schedule for adjudication.
· Analyse and assess the individual package requirements for fixed price and contingency additions, all for review at the tender settlement
· Produce documents for tender settlement and present clear nett costings identifying risk and opportunity.
· Completion of the Tender Sum Analysis for review by PCD and issue at adjudication including cash flow and forecast etc.
· Attend adjudication and make notes of and undertake resultant amendments, issue for final Regional review or Group review.
· Complete client pricing documents including Form of Tender, Contract sum analysis, Prelims breakdown (if required), for incorporation into commercial submission section
· Developing the cash flow on bid
· Assisting in the development and management of the bid budgets to ensure they are kept within budget
Experience estimating civil engineering projects from first principles (mainly highways and roads)
Site experience (project manager or contracts manager)
The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset.
You must be thorough and apt in managing relationships with key persons.
Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
Thorough and reliable
Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
HND / HNC
Quantity Surveying degree or BSc/BA in Engineering, Commercial Management or Construction
Salary and Package
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an outstanding working environment opportunities to progress as well as a package that gives you security and recognises your contribution to the business.
£60,000 – £77,000 (depending on level and experience)
Company Bonus scheme
Your application will be reviewed by Alexandra Smith at the Manchester branch of AndersElite.
If you believe you are suitable for this role please forward your cv or ring me on 07980 006 436 or 0161 832 7577
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Estimator – £35k – £55k (depending on experience) + Car Allowance, Pension plus contributions, Private Health care – Based in...Apply For This Job
We are currently seeking a Buyer to work for our client, a construction company based from their Leeds office. Our...Apply For This Job
We are currently working with a leading Facilities Service provider to recruit a Facilities Manager for a PFI portfolio in...Apply For This Job
Position: Freelance Senior Quantity Surveyors Location: Manchester The project: New Build high rise The job role This opportunity is for...Apply For This Job
Facilities Manager – £20 per hour – Ashton-under-Lyne – Immediate start My client a leading Facilities service provider are looking...Apply For This Job