Anderselite have been contracted to source a Senior Estimator to join a very busy team in North Nottinghamshire to process tenders from receipt to submission. The business operates nationally with 11 regional offices and workshops and cover small to large construction projects including Education, Student Accommodation, Public Sector and Industrial.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
* Reviewing enquiry documentation to fully determine and understand the conditions set out
* Quantify the extent of the works involved from tender documents
* Review commercial & technical risks for best solution(s)
* Address key client requirements and expectations to develop a productive working relationship
* Identify potential risks and opportunities associated
* Identify and engage supply chain to maximise commercial opportunities and savings during the bid process
* Lead the bid process to ensure timely production of submission documentation
* Ensures site audits are undertaken and takes appropriate action on the findings
* Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of building works across all market sectors
* Check & ensure maintenance of a controlled copy of Client’s Enquiry document & resultant communications
* Risk review of the Client’s Enquiry to inform bid decisions
* Prepare subcontract & materials enquiries and review subsequent quotations
* Prepare an accurate cost estimate for the preliminary’s resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements
* Check labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the tender programme
* Prepare & present the commercial aspects of the tender to the Directors/Senior Managers for adjudication and approval
* Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client
* On acceptance of tender by Client check proposed contract reflects the enquiry documents and subsequent offer
* Prepare and present the commercial handover documents to the contract delivery team
* Liaise with construction teams to ensure output & resource data collected providing feedback for future tenders
Skills and Qualifications
* An industry applicable qualification
* Commercial and contractual awareness
* A good level of competency of Microsoft packages
* Good working knowledge of Conquest preferable.
* Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple clients, forms of contract and methods of measurement
The business offer a very good salary and package including company bonuses and benefit cards. They are competitive and would not hesitate in paying the right salary for the right candidate.
If you think that this role is of interest and you would like to be considered, then please submit your CV today.
* Please note that the business is looking for candidates to have relevant qualifications, industry knowledge and UK Contractor experience. CV’s will be disregarded without this being visible.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy