Job Title: Senior Ecologist
Location: Newport (With flexibility / work from home)
Region: Welsh Water (AMP7)
Sector: AMP7, Water, Wastewater, Water Treatment Works, Utilities, Civil Engineering Construction
Duties: Ecological Surveying, Consultancy, Infrastructure, Inspection and Field Services, ECOW
Salary: Negotiable on level – Circa £30,000 to £42,000 Per Annum + Package
Our client, a large joint venture consultancy and construction contractor, is currently recruiting for a Senior Ecologist, to join their team on a permanent basis, working on projects spread across the Welsh Water region, where they will be delivering various design and construction delivery works for Welsh Water, including but not limited to clean water and wastewater treatment upgrade projects (Water Treatment Works, Wastewater / Sewage Treatment Works etc).
In this role, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team, working collaboratively with design and construction professional, advising and providing guidance on Ecological aspects over the lifespan of projects, from tender and outline design stage, through to construction delivery and handover to the client. The role is split, with one aspect providing technical assistance on environmental aspects of projects and related activities in support of engineering and construction teams.
It will require undertaking:
* High level screening assessments of environmental risks across a broad range of projects in the water industry.
* Leading on the collation and reporting of environmental data monthly.
* Accessing and providing data searches to project teams to support project delivery.
* Supporting a team of Environmental Specialists to develop and update guidance documents.
* Deliver environmental training.
* Develop factsheets and other communications to drive improvement in both environmental management and sustainability.
The other aspect of the role will focus on supporting in undertaking:
* Ecological surveys.
* Managing field data.
* Supporting in the write up of technical reports.
* Working as an Ecological Clerk of Work. (ECOW)
Candidates will ideally:
* Be degree qualified in Ecology or a related subject.
* Have a membership with the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (or similar / or working towards).
* Experience of undertaking Ecological Clerk of Works / ECOW roles.
* Have experience of undertaking ecology surveys related to construction projects.
* Have an awareness of the move to UK Habitats classification system and its link to Biodiversity Net Gain calculations.
* Hold protected species licences or working towards this (EPS’s).
* Have a working knowledge of relevant legislation, including planning and or EIA / HRA assessments.
* Have experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Senior Quantity Surveyor role – Heavy Civil Engineering sector – Manchester area – NEC Form of contract The client My...Apply For This Job
Labourers required to assist on a new high-end residential refurbishment project in Wentworth/Virginia Water. Brand new site, initially strip out...Apply For This Job
AndersElite need 4X industrial Electricians Mates for an industrial fit out project in Cowley, starting Monday 19th July. Duties will...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Ecologist Location: Telford (With flexibility / work from home) Region: Severn Trent Water (AMP7) Sector: AMP7, Water, Wastewater,...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Buyer / Senior Buyer Reports to: Commercial Director Based: Manchester based office Main Purpose of the Role: An...Apply For This Job