Job Title: Senior Developer
Location: Radbroke, Knutsford
Our Customer Contact Centre sits within Barclays International and is responsible for providing technical solutions to support the Contact Centre operations globally. We engineer and deliver voice and omni-channel capabilities for customers and colleagues, which includes core voice platforms and integrations, IVR applications, chat solutions, video solutions and supporting tools.
The Senior Developer will be based on our cutting edge IVR applications at the forefront of the banks contact with its customers. We not only build the applications, but also the frameworks in-house. As well as hands on coding, you’ll have technical lead responsibilities on developments, making key design and implementation decisions.
What will you be doing?
* Work with Product Owners to understand business and customer problems and how our IVR’s can help solve them
* Help drive evolving designs
* Develop solutions using TDD, A-TDD and CI principles, along with agile techniques
* Plan work effectively and realistically, and sensibly manages risks and issues
* Help see releases through to live and track the success of changes
* Lead small teams of developers, helping them focus on goals and sharing knowledge where required
* Ensure our solutions are extensible, maintainable, testable, scalable and manageable.
What we’re looking for:
* Experienced working in a Test Driven Development (TDD) environment
* Well versed and skilled in continuous integration, Clean Coding and refactoring
* Very strong customer focus with excellent problem solving ability
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Excellent communication skills, able to liaise with senior stakeholders efficiently
* Passionate about technology, coding, and sharing knowledge amongst the team
* Exposure leading other members / teams from a technical lead perspective
* Experience with REST Services, API’s, IVR’s, Jenkins, OpenShift or other Cloud platforms
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our technology hub in the North West, located at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. It’s convenient for most individuals who live within a 35-mile radius, spanning from Liverpool, Chester, Manchester and Stoke. It’s a lively atmosphere with large open plan offices, with everything you need on site including various catering options, Starbucks, Gym, onsite parking etc.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.