My client has asked me to identify and assist in placing a Civil Engineer with Asset Management experience in their Manchester office.
They are working in partnership to deliver environmental and infrastructure services for Trafford. The new partnership, formed in 2015, delivers commercial and domestic waste collections, street cleaning, grounds maintenance, highways services, bridges, road safety, street lighting and furniture, drainage and property services.
They will maintain and improve nearly 800 km of roads, 17,000 km footways, 150 structures, 30,000 street columns and illuminated signs and 37 parks, in addition to collecting waste from 97,000 households for 15 years. Innovative, new technology will be introduced across the services to deliver a more efficient approach for the Council and the residents of Trafford.
What is the purpose of this role?
Due to the increased workload, they are seeking to recruit a Senior Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will support our continued growth and increasing workload through the production of civil designs, and provide a unique chance to join a highly skilled highways design team.
This is an excellent opportunity to assist the Principal Engineer with leading the Highways Capital Maintenance team working on highway asset management and the highway capital programme.
You will take a leading role in the development and delivery of the Trafford One Partnership Highways Capital Programme of works, including Asset Management, Streetlighting and Drainage.
You will be working on the delivery of not only the One Trafford Partnership but supporting in delivering the Transport for Greater Manchester project and initiatives, their wider business community and stakeholders.
What will this role involve?
In a typical week you will:
* Make a positive contribution to the achievement of the objectives and performance targets as set out in the Business Plan for the Highways Capital and Asset Management Team
* Assist in the further development of the Highway Asset Management Plan in respect of Highway Infrastructure including roads footways, structures, streetlighting, green spaces and drainage
* Assist in the development and co-ordination of highway infrastructure programmes, including highways and structures.
* Co-ordinate specialist surveys and inspections and update databases.
* Develop and manage highway asset management processes, procedures, documentation and systems.
* Plan cost and condition models to support both Trafford Council and Transport for Greater Manchester
* Support and deliver Whole Government Account , DfT and Treasury reports and model needs
* Assist with the assignment and management of the network hierarchies associated with the various infrastructure assets.
* Update computerised mapping systems and databases.
* Respond to complaints, queries, and requests for service or information in accordance with Council Policy and direction.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations and other statutory obligations associated with the highways infrastructure.
* Support and develop designs by following the client’s requirements and relevant design standards
* Represent the business stream in multi-disciplined project teams
* Prepare and check the feasibility studies, appraisal, and assessment reports
* Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring, and reporting of project resources
* Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the client and other relevant stakeholders
What are we looking for?
We want to hear from you if:
* You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in an appropriate subject
* Have Chartered or Incorporated status held with an appropriate professional body
* You are an accredited trainer with a relevant professional institution, e.g. Delegated Engineer for the Institution of Civil Engineers
* You can demonstrate developed experience and expertise within the relevant technical field, probably gained in a Civil Engineer role or equivalent
* You can demonstrate an ability to produce or oversee the production of technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements
* You are experienced in undertaking project related tasks associated with health, safety, and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
* You are experienced in the application of technical governance procedures within a consulting engineering environment
* You know technical governance procedures and how they are applied within a consulting engineering environment
* Competitive salary
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental, and childcare vouchers
If your skills and experience match the above description, and youre ready to take up new challenges – simply send me your CV for immediate attention.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
My Client, a highly regarded Consulting Engineers based in Dublin, are currently seeking a Project Manager to be based from...Apply For This Job
My Client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with CAD Technicians to add value to a long term JV...Apply For This Job
My client is currently going through a period of expansion and as a result are looking to bring in a...Apply For This Job
My client is an advisory, investment and development partner with a focus on health and social infrastructure client. They are...Apply For This Job
My client has asked me to assist in finding an ambitious and motivated Principal Transport Planner/Modeller. If you have skills...Apply For This Job
My client is currently looking for a Senior Project Manager who has experience of delivering Construction projects within the NHS...Apply For This Job