Reporting to the UK Ground Investigation Manager you will be managing one of our client’s operational departments, providing the Southern Site Investigation Operations Team with focus, clear leadership and operational support.
Your duties will include assisting senior management with the development of business strategies and budgets, working with existing management to maximise business development opportunities regionally, structuring and managing your regional operations and technical team, you will have full responsibility for financial performance.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
* To lead by example and actively participate in Health and Safety developments within the company.
* To develop the department going forward increasing its capability, effectiveness and profitability.
* To ensure that all efforts are made to deliver projects safely, to the required quality and in a sustainable manner to the satisfaction of our clients.
* To prepare and present Management Reports and contract forecasts on a monthly basis to senior management along with any other reports which may be required.
* To manage all aspects of the department efficiently and maintain regular liaison and communication with the General Manager and fellow Senior Managers.
* To assist in identifying and managing project risks and opportunities on all projects within the Department.
* To encourage and develop a culture of contractual awareness and ensure that the full contractual entitlement is achieved by managing records and costs etc. on all projects within the Department.
* To be responsible, in conjunction with the Estimators and Commercial support, in ensuring that a review of all the contractual obligations and commercial risks are carried out prior to the submission of all major tenders within the Department.
* To ensure that all Group Procedures are strictly followed by all staff within the Department.
* To manage the objectives/targets for all staff within the Department and monitor on an ongoing basis ensuring staff are performing to their full potential.
* To undertake any other work as may be required of you by Senior Management.
Knowledge and Experience required
We are looking for an individual who has working experience as a manage/senior manager or general manager within the geotechnical sector and specifically with Site Investigation contracting knowledge and experience.
Required Skills & Qualifications
* Civil Engineering/Geology related Degree or equivalent operational experience.
* Good understanding of geotechnical processes and contract management.
* Excellent understanding of written English and good standard of letter writing.
* Strong IT skills, including Microsoft office, database maintenance and reporting.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Good interpersonal skills to liaise with clients and members of the regional team.
* Good customer-service focus and a professional approach.
* Pays attention to the detail to ensure works are carried out correctly as minor errors could result in significant financial, quality, time, costs, legal, safety, client implications.
* Ability to comprehend current and anticipate future problems of both a construction and commercial nature.
* Full UK driving licence.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy
Anderselite are currently recruiting for a Site Supervisor for a highly respected and established Civil Engineering Contractor. The role is...Apply For This Job
I am recruiting on behalf of a reputable and long established company that has been providing specialist MEICA related services...Apply For This Job