Job Title: Site Supervisor (HS2 – RC)
Location: Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire
Sector: HS2, RC, Reinforced Concrete, Green Tunnels, Precast Concrete Assembly
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q2 / Q3 2021
Salary: Circa £35,000 to £42,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a large Civil Engineering contractor, is currently recruiting Site Supervisors for their HS2 team, delivering Green Tunnel packages on the HS2 scheme. The works are being carried out in the central section of HS2 (Northamptonshire / Buckinghamshire) and include the preparation and pouring of reinforced concrete slabs (RC), the assembly of precast concrete tunnel segments and the re-use of excavated material (cut-and-cover).
The role would suit an experienced Site Supervisors / Foreman, who have a strong background in heavy civil engineering (with strong RC / Reinforced Concrete experience), who is interested in working on the HS2 scheme over the coming years. This position will provide the opportunity to join a growing team, getting onboard with the works from inception, providing input into processes and procedures, to ensure work is delivered effectively and safely.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
* Taking responsibility for the safe and timely delivery of works on a day-to-day basis, ensuring works are complete in line with set HSQE targets.
* Reporting in the Site Manager, who may work across multiple sites, putting you in temporary control of projects as and when required.
* Managing and communicating with subcontractors on site, ensuring that internal labour and external personnel execute works safely and to required specification.
* Executing works in accordance with an agreed programme.
* Communicating the required technical, quality and safety standards to the installation team, ensuring work is completed in accordance with methodologies and works instructions (method statements/RAMS etc).
* Maintaining and monitoring required technical, quality and safety standards in accordance with methodologies and works instructions (method statements/RAMS etc).
* Continual monitor the performance of the works and subcontractor performance, reporting updates to the Site Manager.
* Co-ordinating with on-site quality engineers to compile records of as-built activities in accordance with the contract procedures.
* Co-ordinating with team members for deliveries of equipment and materials to site
* Helping to maintain company HSQE standards with the HSQE Manager and Site Manager.
* Continually reviewing works, identifying any areas of concern or improvement.
* Actively participating in progress meetings with the site manager, commercial team and client.
Candidates will ideally have:
* 5+ years’ experience in the supervision of construction site activities including the installation of reinforced concrete slabs and associated RC work (concrete pours, precast concrete units / tunnel segments etc).
* Relevant Site Safety qualifications, such as SMSTS, CSCS, First Aid etc. (Formal qualification preferred).
* Experience of managing internal labour and external subcontractor teams.
* An awareness of contract obligations surrounding HSQE.
* A strong knowledge of HSQE and safety programme documentation such as RAMS.
* Working knowledge and a good understanding of technical drawings and documentation.
* Good communication, presentation and organisational skills.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online initially, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Yorkshire ( Home working) – Rail Sector Currently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Logistics & Planning Manager (HS2 – RC) Location: Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire Sector: HS2, RC, Reinforced Concrete, Green Tunnels,...Apply For This Job
Due to the awarding of various new schemes, our client a Ground Investigation contractor working within the construction, defence, rail,...Apply For This Job
Machine Operatoes – Adverse Weather (Snow) Runway clearance staff Our client is looking for experienced machine operators to join its...Apply For This Job
Due to a considerable increase in work, our client, a well known construction company is seeking to employ several General...Apply For This Job