Project Quantity Surveyor – Build – Commercial, Education, Residential, – Lancashire Based – £30k – £49k
My client are a very established building and civil engineering contractor based in the Lancashire area.
They have a requirement for a building Quantity Surveyor who will be required to Commercially run projects.
This client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to work on different types of building projects
This busy contractor work within the following sectors including (but not all)
* Housing (houses, apartments etc)
* Education (schools, colleges, universities)
Typical project values £3 million – £7 million
Responsibilities of the Project Quantity Surveyor
Commercially responsible for building projects.
All Quantity Surveying duties from inception to completion.
Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
Performing risk, value management and cost control;
Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
Allocating work to subcontractors;
Providing advice on contractual claims;
Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
* You will have worked for a main contractor as a project quantity surveyor on building projects
* You will be competent in the preparation of an Application for Payment including measured works and variations.
* You will have experience working with clients and subcontractors.
* You will have experience of working with various forms of contract such as JCT and NEC or similar, either supervised or on your own initiative.
* You will possess the ability to measure from drawings to produce Contractors Quantities and to refer to available price data and information to prepare estimates for projects of a small value.
* You will understand the purpose of a Cost Value Reconciliation
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy