New Build Housing
upto £45k + Car/Allowance + Bonus + Package
We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor for our client a highly successful national award winning housing developer that has experienced exceptional growth and has established themselves as a leading name in the Residential market. .
The main purpose of the role is to produce, manage and forecast build costs for allotted sites. Procure all necessary subcontract trades and manage the payment process and subsequent contractual obligations. Work in partnership with all other departments to achieve company objectives.
The Quantity Surveyor will also be responsible for monitoring build costs, reporting any savings and excesses as well as assist in the programming, monitoring and evaluation of Contractors.
* Must have worked on a new build housing project from inception to completion
* Production of site start budgets, prior to commencement of multiple new House Builds.
* Procure all subcontract trades involving other key members of the team ensuring best value is obtained and all subcontractor prequalification criteria have been satisfied.
* Manage the payment process for subcontractors and help the other members of the payments team to ensure payments are made in accordance with the agreed payment terms.
* Evaluate and if appropriate, approve payments of Dayworks and applications for both labour only subcontractors.
* In accordance with the prescribed timetable, review and agree monthly site valuations, including cost to complete assessments using the approved system.
* Attendance at management team/department meetings at various locations which may be outside of the usual workplace.
* In conjunction with the Build Manager, host regular meetings with subcontractors to review performance.
* Management of agreed performance indicators including regular updates to the Group Commercial Director/Regional Director.
* Attend training and development events as required.
* Chair monthly meetings
* Any other duties reasonably requested.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Previous experience similar house building role is essential
* A good understanding of all aspects of surveying and contractual procedures
* Strong personal organisational skills.
* Ability to work in isolation but also as part of a team within a growing business.
* Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Excel.
* Motivated and enthusiastic
* Leadership skills
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy