QUANTITY SURVEYOR – RAIL – NORTH WEST – PERMANENT
Quantity Surveyor currently required to join a rail contractor in the North West on a permanent basis. The Quantity Surveyor will be required to assist with the commercial aspects of a large Network Rail framework of works across the North West. Previous experience as a QS is essential, and experience of working on a Network Rail framework would be beneficial.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
* Minimum of 3 years Post qualified experience, ideally within the rail industry
* Must have excellent negotiating skills
* Excellent IT skills and communication skills
* Assisting the opperational team with all commercial aspects of the projects
* Establishing, monitoring and maintaining new commercial policies and practices which will benefit the organisation moving forward
* Preparation of project budgets
* Assisting with tender documentation
* Attending client meetings
* Responsible for all project administration, and providing support to maximise the commercial benefits of all contracts
* Preparing applications for payments
* Managing sub-contractors
* Raising final accounts
* Ensuring the delivery team are aware of all commercial requirements across project delivery
* Competitive salary on offer
* Career progression and training and development opportunities
* Varied workload, with some travel required
* Hands-on role, working closely with senior Engineers and Project Managers
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a well established and growing Rail Contractor. There is an opportunity for career progression, so this role could suit someone who is looking to take the next step in their career.
AndersElite Rail are a specialist Rail recruitment agency. We have clients across the UK, and we are currently recruiting for some of the biggest contractors in the UK.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite .com /non-discrimination-policy