We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor with a strong Highways background to join our client’s established team in Portsmouth.
The company has an obligation to seek continuous improvement from its procurement and is therefore looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to manage the commercial aspects of the contract and to ensure it remains fit for purpose.
As Quantity Surveyor you will be a senior member of the team that is leading one of the most visible front line council services that could potentially have a major impact on its reputation.
The Key Points…
* Develop an effective commercial management strategy:
* to scrutinise the performance of the contractor in accordance with the contract and hold the contractor to account;
* to scrutinise contractor’s approach to asset condition management and investment decisions;
* be focused on the longer term vision to achieve effective handback of the Project Network.
* Review and agree monthly deductions, payments and annual reconciliation.
* Monitor commercial performance of Service Company and its sub-contractor; scrutinise programmes of investment to ensure value for money in the delivery of services; develop and implement systems and processes for effective scrutiny; and build the culture of continuous improvement both internally within the contract management team and externally with the contractor.
* Ensure scrutiny of technical service delivery is supported by commercial scrutiny for appropriate authorisation of payments and deductions.
This role requires an experienced Quantity Surveyor with considerable highways commercial management experience to scrutinise the contractual performance of the contract.
You could also be a Civil Engineer with solid Commercial experience as you will be a given great support in the role.
You should be able and manage change, build relationships with delivery partners and help develop staff.
We are looking for a future leader with the ability to manage complex contractual matters in a fair, practical and transparent manner. The successful person could progress very quickly into a Commercial Manager role.
This permanent position is based in Portsmouth and looking to pay £40K-£50K, depending on experience.
Apply ASAP or give us a call in the office to discuss.