We are currently recruiting a Project Manager for a leading Facilities Service provider to work on a large contract for a transportation client in Central London
Summary of Role:
Reporting to the appointed Account / Senior Project Manager the Project Manager has responsibility for the operational management and performance of the contract(s) / site(s) to which he is assigned. Ensuring works are completed safely to programme, budget and quality standards expected by the client in a professional and ethical manner adhering to commercial guidelines, established best practice and professional/company standards.
The Project Manager will:
-Ensure all supporting functions sustain operational management to maximise returns in terms of profit and service level.
-Identify, manage and reduce all unnecessary costs and inefficient activities – ensure project / contract risks are clearly identified and controlled.
-Promote the development of team members and actively encourage effective relationships.
-Ensure the requirements of the HSE policies are fully understood and implemented.
-Ensure the establishment and administration of working processes, planned and reactive maintenance regimes, health, safety and environmental management and support to the contract commercial team are all key parts of the role.
-Ensure that all works including those of suppliers and subcontractors are supervised and coordinated to deliver on safety, quality, programme and environmental objectives.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
This role is intended to provide a central point of contact and management to:
* Collate, monitor and manage a Projects Tracker for all project works covering pipeline, procurement, operational status, commercial status of all projects.
* Collate all Business Cases and Task Orders for Project Works
* Work closely with the sector Procurement Manager to monitor and plan all procurement activity for project works (in terms of timely procurement and batching of projects to ensure better buying).
* Lead Pre-Start Meetings for all major projects
* Carry out on site ‘spot check’ audits of project works being undertaken from a HSEQ perspective.
* Be a central point to manage any technical queries with specialist technical support teams.
* Be part of the approval process for all invoices for project works to validate payment and ensure the relevant project documentation is received prior to payment being made. (eg O&Ms, Warranties, Independent Certification of Works where applicable).
* Work closely with the Asset Management team to ensure asset the database is fully updated / amended following completion of project works.
CSCS: The role holder will manage a wide range of works include those which are ‘construction related’ therefore a relevant CSCS card is required.
Qualifications: A recognised formal building / construction and / or Project Management qualification would be an advantage.
Professional Membership: Membership of relevant organisation, BIFM, CIOB, is desirable.
Relevant Experience: Required workplace is not generally ‘track-side’ although an appreciation of rail work or experience of operating within the rail sector would be an advantage.
Experience of delivering excellent customer satisfaction whilst managing a multi functional team & specialist supply chain delivering small / capex works across a wide range of asset types & locations is required.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy