Project Director – HS2
Old Oak Common
£90,000 – £110,000
A very exciting role has just been released by my client, a highly esteemed major contractor, on the largest project in the UK at the moment, HS2. They are seeking to bring on a Project Director to come and lead the project delivery on the Old Oak Common section of the project.
The Project Director oversees the execution of major and complex projects, managing the relationship between the project and senior client representatives, JV or supply chain partners.
You will be responsible for the planning and developing courses of action that initiate and achieve substantial strategic changes or developments, exercising broad autonomy and judgement. Initiates and leads complex tasks and processes, taking responsibility and being accountable for the work and roles of others.
Your key duties and expectations will be:
* Display enthusiasm, passion, and confidence combined with an open communication style. Comfortable leading presentations, team briefings, speaking at events.
* Demonstrate visible, pro-active leadership style with clear commitment to safety, quality, and environmental issues.
* Able to understand cost and programme data, and able to communicate the project financial position through written reports and in CVR meetings.
* Able to influence/challenge decision making at project level to ensure that decisions taken (e.g. procurement) are robust.
* Able to identify where cost and value can be managed for the overall betterment of the project.
* Provide evidence of building lasting relationships with Client, JV Partner and Supply Chain senior level representatives. Have an external network of contacts within peer organisations and external bodies, and prepared to continually develop the network outside of normal working hours.
* Able to build working relationships with Project Managers and wider project team, and with peers and colleagues within the business. Willing to foster knowledge sharing, learning and development, collaboration across projects and sectors
* Able to identify and propose improvements to project or business issues and problems
* Contribute to work winning through providing input to tenders, sharing ideas/experience, delivering tender presentations, participating in collaborative workshops
* Understand my clients corporate strategy and priorities, and the relationship of the project and its team to them.
* Understand what BIM is, understand the requirement for the management and exchange of information between supply chain members and clients as described in the 1192 suite of standards and PAS55/ISO 55000.
* Assist the business/project in achieving the objectives/targets set in the Taylor Woodrow Carbon Strategy within your specific work activities
The Ideal candidate will have the following:
* Experience of a senior role within a complex project environment.
* Experience of leading a project delivery team.
* Proven longevity with a major contractor
* Right to work in the UK
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Due to recent successful bids on the AMP7 Frameworks, my client, an esteemed contractor, is looking to strengthen their Engineering...Apply For This Job
Anderselite are currently recruiting for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join one of the UK’s leading Tier 1 contractors on...Apply For This Job
I am currently seeking a Site Engineer for work on a Medium size development Project in Basingstoke. Within this role...Apply For This Job
I am currently seeking a Site Engineer for work on a Large Infastructure Project in West London. This could be...Apply For This Job
Due to recent successful bids on the AMP7 Frameworks, my client, a major contractor, is looking to strengthen their Engineering...Apply For This Job