Job Title: Professional Senior Quantity Surveyor
The duties and responsibilities include
* To carry out the full duties of a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
* To undertake both pre and post contract quantity surveying duties.
*To attend design team and site progress meetings as required.
* Preparation of tender and contract documents.
* Preparation of cost plans, cashflow forecasts and financial reports
* To assist where possible with the creation of new client and project opportunities
* Taking off using SMM7 / NRM. Calculating quantities and costs of materials, time and labour before the project goes to tender
* Reviewing the cash flow and issues, with the cost report, to the clients finance/construction team.
* Review all change orders in accordance with the clients approval process.
* Ensure all invoices are being processed by the host team.
* Provide procurement services for the client where applicable for construction and engineering services including bid analysis.
* Be involved in the biweekly cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
* Provide cost information on value engineering analysis.
* Carry out an earned value analysis of the project on a periodic basis.
* Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures that they meet their contractual requirements.
* Assist the client with any cost information relating to legal issues due to non-performance by the contractors or engineering services and mechanical liens etc.
* Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The successful candidate should ideally have a degree in Quantity Surveying, and possess 8 years post qualification experience obtained from working within a professional practice. Previous healthcare, waste to energy, education project experience would be beneficial.
* Bachelors degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field
* Ability to measure & produce BQs is essential
* Five years relevant experience minimum
* Build project experience – ideally healthcare.
* Preferably a member of RICS or another relevant professional body
* Highly articulate, have a clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills regarding the management of cost processes.
* Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
* Advanced use of Excel to generate and update reporting tools.
* General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
* Up to £47,000 + package
* Competitive salary dependent upon experience
* Employer Pension Scheme
* Early finish Friday
* Flexible Working ethos ability to work from home / remotely
* Fantastic, collaborative workplace environment
* Varied and interesting project portfolio
* To be part of the continued growth and development of the business
which is founded upon expertise, experience, capability and dedication.
* City Centre Manchester location
If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me on 07980 006 436
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Assistant Cost Manager & Cost Manager EMEA Commercial Office Sector Consultancy London £30,000 – £50,000 Basic (+ £5,000 Car Allowance...Apply For This Job
Opportunity for an experienced Business Development/Sales Manager for large National construction company based in North West England. Salary Up to...Apply For This Job
Contract Administrator – Site Based – Central London Are you a document controller or site based contracts administrator with experience...Apply For This Job
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Permanent Role – Lancashire based company – Civil Engineering – NEC form of contract – 07980...Apply For This Job
Due to an increase in work, we are seeking to employ a Buildings Site Manager to work for our client...Apply For This Job