This is an exciting opportunity for those with a solid understanding of UK geology who are looking for their next challenge and the opportunity to increase knowledge and responsibility, within a friendly and ambitious environment.
Working in a fast paced, varied role, you will be required to manage day to day operational site control of contracts of varying sizes within the UK, focusing on safety, quality, productivity, cost control, performance to programme and customer service.
You will work on site (nationwide) and in the office, managing fieldwork activities, including assisting with the preparation of health and safety documentation before and during any site works, together with collating of data, and scheduling the analysis of soil and water samples, along with report writing.
You must be fully flexible to work across the UK for specific projects or longer-term assignments.
You will ideally have a minimum of 3 years experience of working within the Ground Investigation market, including trial pitting and drilling supervision.
In addition to the above, you will need a degree level qualification in geology or civil engineering, be in possession of a full clean UK driving licence, together with good reporting writing skills, attention to detail and the ability to work both as part of a team and alone.
* Site based support of ground investigations, including supervision of sub-contractors and providing assistance to sub-contractors as required.
* Fieldwork including soil logging, geotechnical soils testing and scheduling.
* Monitoring and sampling.
* Management of sample storage and despatch to geotechnical and chemical testing laboratories.
* Data collation, review and interpretation.
* Preparation of desk studies and ground investigation reports.
* Providing logistics assistance to more senior staff.
* Assist in the preparation of Health and Safety documentation prior to and during the site phase of work, to ensure that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards.
Knowledge and Experience required
You should be well organised and relatively independent and have a strong focus on problem solving. The successful candidate will be flexible and keen to take a pro-active role in all aspects of the company operations and development.
You will need to have good commercial awareness to ensure the works perform on time and within budget, and be able to support and engage a motivated, effective and safety conscious workforce.
Excellent communication skills are a must, along with ensuring good client relations, as you will be managing clients, engineers and subcontractors.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy
Joining this client will open a door full of opportunities with this truly national company that believes in nurturing, developing...Apply For This Job
Graduate Civil Engineer / Assistant Construction Manager – Borehamwood We are looking for a career minded Graduate Civil Engineer who...Apply For This Job