Principal Engineer / Associate / Director – Highways
£45,000 – £65,000
An Experienced Highways Engineer at either Principal, Associate, or Director level is required to lead a Highways team for a multi disciplinary engineering consultancy in their Birmingham office.
The successful candidate will take a significant role in the delivery of highways projects and development of companywide highway engineering capabilities. The person will work alongside the group directors and highway specialists based in Birmingham to deliver a variety of highways sector works including major UK trunk road improvements, new bypass and link road schemes, access roads to developments and re-alignments associated with bridge replacements and the like. The group also undertakes infrastructure work in the power and aviation sectors. The position offers the potential for progression to Director or entry at that level for those with proven experience. The successful candidate will be Chartered with a relevant engineering institution.
In addition to sound technical skills, including a broad working knowledge of the UK’s DMRB and Manual for Streets, the candidate must possess good communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate will be required to be client facing with good team leadership skills
The role requires you to act as a senior manager taking responsibility for the punctual delivery of projects to high quality standards in addition to achieving financial targets; the candidate must therefore possess effective managerial experience and technical expertise.
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
* Undertaking the role of Project Manager
* The day-to-day management, direction and training of the staff whilst undertaking your project work
* Acting as a role model for others in the Company
* Developing the relationship between the company and new and existing clients and identify potential work
* Preparing fee budgets, proposals and resource requirements for projects under your control
* Co-ordinating with other engineers both in the regional offices and between technical groups
* Managing the preparation of calculations, drawings and other documents and ensuring these are controlled during the execution of projects under your control
* Managing and liaising with clients on proposals and project work
* Specifying and/or managing site examination and investigation works in a safe and effective manner
* Identifying and managing risks for the work under your control to agreed acceptable levels.
If you would be interested in applying for this opportunity or would like to discuss the role in more detail then please either send an up to date CV across or call Karl French on 0113 242 0303.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite .com /non-discrimination-policy