Principal Civil Engineer – Water
£50,000 – £55,000
Are you a Civil Engineer with strong analytical skills and experience in technical delivery and possibly management of water engineering projects? We have an exciting career role with my clients established Water team, based in the South East.
You will work alongside their project managers throughout the project design and delivery cycle, making technical decisions in various design stages of water and wastewater utility projects to include carrying out feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs, and preparing reports and technical specifications. You may be asked to mentor, oversee or manage design staff which will call for knowledge of crucial design processes and for excellent communication skills.
Their Water team have delivered some of the most high-profile projects in the South East and across the UK, so your projects and clients will be varied and interesting. Examples of their current projects and clients:
* Severn Trent Water – They have been appointed on major schemes Lot 1 of Severn Trent Water’s new Design Services Framework for AMP7. Our portfolio of projects in building rapidly.
* Wessex Water – They has been appointed on several AMP7 frameworks, including the Capital Delivery framework.
* Thames Water – They have positions across all scales of delivery from Thames Tideway Tunnel to ‘runway 2’ infra and non-infra schemes across the Thames region.
You will join their technical discipline team and wider technical practice network, enabling you to build your knowledge, skills and career with like-minded engineers globally.
As a Civil Engineer, you will work closely with their Water and other supply discipline teams nationwide. You will be expected to deliver a high calibre of technical quality, contribute to bids, and interface with clients and collaborators in design and planning. You will seek innovation and trial new methods, being inquisitive by nature.
You will see delivery through from conception to handover. Some of these projects will be large-scale and prestigious cv-builders. You may also be required to contribute to and attend industry events and conferences.
This role will include visits to site to carry out site surveys and the support of liaisons with clients, government authorities, contractors, suppliers. You will be tasked with delivering to agreed budget, programme and quality along with supporting the preparation of project budget & programme.
* Must have right to work in the UK
* A degree or equivalent in civil engineering
* Membership of/Working toward a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, ICE
* Able to take full responsibility for producing, checking and approving engineering reports and designs
* Ability to coordinate, liaise and engage with clients and key stakeholders
* Provide mentoring, guidance and technical advice to support and supervise junior staff
* Lead and mentor a small team of engineers and technicians with line manager responsibilities.
* Significant experience in managing the technical delivery of large scale water engineering projects with multi-disciplinary knowledge.
* Proven longevity with another contractor
* Water and wastewater treatment project experience across feasibility, outline, detailed design, construction support extremely desirable
* Experience using a 3D Design tool and other proprietary software products
* Project management experience
* Industry recognised Health and Safety qualifications
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Senior Planner required for a forward thinking, very well-established construction contractor operating across sectors that includes residential education and refurb....Apply For This Job
Due to recent successful bids on the AMP7 Frameworks, my client, a major civils contractor, is looking to strengthen their...Apply For This Job
Site Supervisor (Site Agent) – Utilities West London £40,000 – £45,000 Are you a Site Supervisor with utilities experience looking...Apply For This Job
Site Engineer – Shafts and Tunnels West London £26,000 – £34,500 My client, a major joint venture on HS2, has...Apply For This Job
We are recruiting an experienced Senior Civil Engineer (close to or newly) Chartered to work for a privately owned multi...Apply For This Job