Job Title: Planning Manager (Highways)
Location: Nottinghamshire (East Midlands / M1)
Start Date: Q3 2021
Sectors: Highways, Highways England, Motorways, Junction Improvement, Civil Engineering
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: Circa £70,000 to £80,000 + Per Annum + Package (Negotiable on level + experience)
Our client, an established Civil Engineering Contractor who operate within the Highways sector, is currently looking for a Planning Manager to join their team on a permanent basis, delivering upcoming Highway Infrastructure projects across the UK, the majority of which are in the Midlands & Yorkshire regions.
We are ideally looking for an experienced individual who can work as a senior member of our clients’ highways division, assisting with division growth, through successful project delivery and relationship building with end clients. In this role you will report into a Pre-construction Director, managing a planning team, to ensure that effective programmes of work are created and monitored, working on projects through tender submission through to planning, resource management, design and delivery stages.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
* Thoroughly reviewing tender documentation and Cl31 programmes, ensuring timely submission to the client, in line with all contractual requirements.
* Reviewing and activity sequencing/phasing, durations, resources and safety requirements with the operational teams, including our supply chain partners, to ensure buildable Cl 62 and Cl32 programmes are developed, understood by the team, and submitted to the client in line with contractual timescales.
* Tracking of, and assistance with, resolution for client acceptance of submitted programme.
* Integrating preconstruction and design deliverables into the project programmes, in coordination with the design manager, to ensure that the design activities are visible and aligned to support construction activities.
* Promoting and contributing towards Collaborative Planning sessions to help the operational teams develop detailed 8-week look-ahead programmes which meet all milestone requirements, including Key Dates, of the latest agreed programme.
* Reviewing contractual changes with the commercial team, including critical path analysis, to understand and capture all delay entitlement.
* Attending project meetings when required to provide information on programme management and resource planning.
* Programme analysis and summating into executive reports with recommendations for key actions and improvements, where needed.
* Programme management across all Infrastructure projects, including contribution towards business-wide resource planning and cost forecasting.
* Contributing to risk mitigation in regards to programme and resource planning.
* Providing support, as required, to the planning team in the execution of their duties across tender and construction activities.
* Undertaking performance reviews on a 6-monthly basis, in line with Group guidance.
* Reviewing and supporting training requirements to keep up to date on relevant contractual and planning best practice, including across resourcing and earned value management.
* Leading interviews for new planning staff, when required.
* Developing staff within your team, as required.
Candidates will ideally:
* Have considerable experience working in a Planning capacity (Planning Manager, Planning Lead / Senor Planner – or similar), also having experience of managing and developing planning staff.
* Have considerable knowledge of the Highways sector, having created and monitored programmes of work for large highway and public realm schemes, ideally having worked with end clients such as Highways England.
* Be an organised individual with good communication and management skills, striving for continuous development.
* Have a strong knowledge of planning software such as Primavera P6, ASTA Powerproject of MS Project.
* Have experience of working on projects from tender submission stage, through to design + delivery, having producing successful tender submission documentation (either personally, or as part of a team).
* Hold a formal qualification in civil engineering or planning (or similar – desirable not essential).
* Be able to create robust programmes of work from first principles (desirable not essential).
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Tim Smyth via LinkedIn or on 0121 200 5524.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
e are currently recruiting for a Dumper Driver to work in West Brom for long term work, flood elevation works...Apply For This Job
Electrical Maintenance Engineer – Central London – £20 per hour – 3 months – potential permanent role My client one...Apply For This Job
We are currently working with a leading Facilities Service provider to recruit an Asset Manager to assist with the delivery...Apply For This Job
Quantity Surveyor – Civil Engineering (Highways, Water, Groundworks, Rail, Structures) Lancashire – email Job title: Quantity Surveyor Based: Head office...Apply For This Job
Professional Quantity Surveyor role -NEC3 form of contract- Civil engineering sector – Merseyside – email me to apply The Client...Apply For This Job