Job Title Lead Java Developer
We are looking for a senior engineer/developer to be responsible for the design, development and delivery of the strategic SLA management solution and Self-Service portals for critical infrastructure tools used across the Barclays group. We are about to embark on a four hundred-million-pound journey to truly transform the IT infrastructure of Barclays.
What will you be doing?
* Engineer, develop and maintain the SLA Management solution and Self-Service portals for Infrastructure tools.
* Deliver solutions using Agile software development processes
* Manage and (where appropriate) undertake the building of relevant infrastructure and software required to create the Development, Test and Production environments
* Take technical decisions to ensure optimal performance and stability of the platform
* Participate and feed into roadmap and strategic direction of product
* Keep stakeholders appraised of progress and issues
What we’re looking for:
* Core WEB Knowledge, mainly HTML/CGI/CSS/JS/APIs, JS Frameworks such as AngularJS, Node.js and Bootstrap.
* Experience withDevtools such as GIT, Jenkins and Nexus.
* Good Operating Systems knowledge, mainly Linux & Windows and some AIX.
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Knowledge of designing scalable server-side web applications
* Hands on development skills with HTML, XML, XSLT, JDBC, Oracle SQL, MSSQL, Java application server (JBoss).
Where will you be working?
You’ll be working at our flagship Technology Campus at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. Set in the beautiful grounds of Radbroke Hall itself, out Technology Center is the home for Banking innovation. We employ a unique friendly culture, relaxed work environment and a suite of onsite benefits.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.