Manchester. Barclays Digital. Where the best meet to build careers full of scope, variety and reward, creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefines the future of finance.
We’re the leader in financial services technology and cover everything from Mainframe to Mobile.
Due to exciting growth across our dedicated Channels Engineering team we’re looking for some OOP superstars with a taste for cutting some sensational Java.
* We want you to be as passionate about technology as we are and in return we promise to help you become the best dev you can be within modern methodologies such as
* Extreme Programming, Test Driven Development and Domain Driven Design (training provided) to deliver “best in class” software within the Financial Services Industry.
* We love potential and we adore experience so we’re happy to hear from Engineers of all levels.
* If you’ve been working with Arduino since childhood, just graduated and cut your own code; or you’re a SCJP Certified programmer then we’ve got roles for you.
* Working as a software engineer with a focus on Java
* Happy to keep an open mind and learn new programming concepts
* Working in an E2E development environment to produce the best code possible
* Java 8
* Spring Framework
* RESTful and Service Oriented Architectures
* Passion for Object Oriented Programming
* Devops skills (eg Docker, Jenkins etc)
* Exposure/Strong Interest in Extreme Programming
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.