I.T Service Delivery Manager
Contract duration: 6 months with possible extension
Contract rate: Market rate
Ideal skills required: I.T Service Delivery, understands Java and what Java Developers do, Stakeholder Management.
I.T Service Delivery Manager (Software/Java) required for our Barclay’s office in Glasgow. The successful person will have experience as a Technical/IT Service Delivery Manager and will have a good understanding of Java as detailed below
* Own the management and technical delivery of the consolidated backlog for Integration Services Platform. This team is responsible for building and maintaining multiple middle-tier web-services catering to large consumer base. The team uses Java and leading frameworks and tools.
* Work with the platform owner to understand and deliver improvement and roadmap priorities
* Align to standard design and data-led LEAN and Agile delivery methods
* Accountability for the delivery of all application changes (to agreed time, quality, cost and functionality) for one or more complex/large products / applications in the respective product domain or channel. This will include software delivered across the end-to-end software development lifecycle.
* Active contribution in all phases of delivery lifecycle including requirement gathering / Design / Development / Testing / Implementation / L2 support
* Experience leading and managing development and test teams producing high quality software deliverables for business critical, high availability and secure applications is essential
* Knowledge of the major tools in a toolkit for the specific application product – Java, Spring, Oracle, SQL, Cloud Technologies (aPaaS, AWS)
* Contribute in producing and reviewing development plans. Manage development issues, escalating when appropriate. Attend consumer calls representing Development team. Undertake Peer reviews. Act as reference point for technical queries within Development area. Promote technical best practices. Coaching, mentoring and Quality assurance of development team.
* The successful candidate will have excellent and recent experience of working on complex delivery programmes.
* The successful candidate must have strong technical/infrastructure change background.
* Technology – Mandatory
* Unit testing (e.g. JUnit) using mock object frameworks (like Mockito)
* SQL and RDBMS (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Sybase)
Technology – Preferred
* Knowledge of JMS (e.g. Tibco EMS, WMQ)
* Good knowledge of XML related technologies
* Software source control (e.g. Clearcase, Subversion or Git)
* Tomcat as a deployment container.
* The successful candidate will be able to identify, attempt to rectify and appropriately escalate issues and risks whilst having an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving.
* The successful candidate must be able to speak coherently and commercially to the business.
Excellent contract opportunity so if interested please get in touch ASAP