Highways Quantity Surveyor – Central London
We are looking for an experienced Highways Quantity Surveyor to join our clients Central London team on a 9 months maternity cover!
Our Client is a large Highways Engineering and Maintenance Company operating in London and their busy team now requires a Quantity Surveyor to come on board and assist in the delivery of commercial services within the contract.
In this role, you’ll be overseeing multiple major projects at any one time, aiming to achieve both value for money for the client and sustainable shareholder value that is consistent with the contract, tender and agreed processes.
* Processing of costs
* Processing of Subcontractor liabilities
* Agreement of NEC Option A & C Task orders final accounts
* Control of costs against Target Costs
* Identification and processing early warning and compensation event claims
* Review and processing of subcontractor applications for payment
* Maintaining of accurate cost and value records for the works to present to management and to support applications to the client
* Maintaining an assessment of commercial risks through the duration of the works
* Ensure recording of subcontract liabilities onto Causeway Project Accounting and to assist the timely production of the monthly application
* Supporting commercial elements of the contract and ensuring excellence in the engagement and management of supply chain, contract management and governance
You are a Quantity Surveyor with several years experience, ideally within the Highways sector, and have a good understanding of the principles of measurement within the Highways Maintenance Environment.
You should have experience of tender and procurement processes and managing a variety of schemes.
You’ll have the ability to conduct effective negotiations with both clients and subcontractors and have a good understanding of cost management systems and their application – essential knowledge of ICE & JCT contracts, and a bonus if you’re familiar with NEC contracts.
If you’re a Highways Quantity Surveyor with a few years experience based in London then we’d love to hear from you!
This position is a 9 month maternity cover and paying up to £300 per day starting ASAP!!
Apply directly with your CV or give us a call in the office to discuss.