Highway Design Technician – Colchester
We are looking for a Highway Technician to join our clients’ Colchester team and be involved with developing and producing Highways designs.
Our client is a large Highways Maintenance and Engineering company operating Nation-wide.
In this Highway Technician role you will be responsible for supporting Engineers and Senior Engineers in the delivery of highway engineering projects including engineering drawings, design, reports, calculations, site surveys and any other activities assigned from time to time.
In brief you will…
* Prepare designs in accordance with DMRB, Manual for relative policies and procedures
* Develop of designs on AutoCAD, KEYsigns, Microdrainage
* Management of scheme work packages including Pre construction information
* Client Liaison as necessary to ensure successful delivery of schemes/projects
* Production of technical reports as required
* Ability to manage work to programme and be accountable for delivery of design service work inline with fee estimates
We’re looking for someone with the appropriate academic qualifications in an engineering-related study, and with suitable experience in this field of work
Being a good communicator, both written and verbal, is essential to carry out the works in this role, as is having sufficient IT knowledge
Being adept in the use of AutoCAD as a design tool and aptitude to develop in MX/Civils3D/Windes
A full UK drivers licence is essential for any movement between various company office locations
Being a team player, the ability to work on your own initiative, and being away of your scope of practice are all attributes we’re looking for in a person to fulfil this role!
Do you have the necessary qualifications and experience to undertake this Colchester based Highway Design Technician role?
If so then we want to hear from you!
Apply with your CV today or give us a call at the office to go through the role in further detail