I have a great opportunity for a Gas Design Coordinator to join a rapidly expanding Design Team working with an industry leading Multi-Utility Infrastructure Provider (MURS accredited ICP) based in Northamptonshire.
The Gas Design Coordinator will ensure that gas (and other utilities where appropriate) designs are compliant with design related legislation, policy, procedures, and specifications throughout the lifecycle of the project.
Responsibilities will include:
* Liaise with third party network owners to obtain points of connections and design approvals.
* Assist the team when producing ‘Basic’ gas network designs for costing purpose in accordance
with approved Gas and water network design procedures and industry standards.
* The Design Coordinator will ensure the project team is compliant with design related
legislation policy, procedures, and specifications throughout the lifecycle of the project.
* The Design Coordinator will liaise with other Teams, Contractors, 3rd Party Designers and
External Agencies to ensure compliance, consistency and best practice is adopted.
* Support the development of contract documentation to support tenders.
* Ensure roles on behalf of the company are fulfilled, including Initiator, Project Manager,
Design Approver and Design Appraiser.
* Lead with the implementation of Quality and Design Management procedures and ensure
that project design activities are undertaken in accordance with the Engineering Design
* Review, comment and monitor the implementation of the Design Plan, Design Change Control
* procedure / register, CDM Risk Register and Technical Risk Register.
* Interface with the SHEQ Team on a regular basis to ensure suitable design information is
provided to facilitate production of compliance reporting and Design and CDM audit
* Manage the Formal Safety Assessments ensuring compliance and that prior to the
development of all Quantified Risk Assessments the Safety & Engineering representative has
* Coordinate Design Progress Meetings and attend the weekly project Coordinators meeting in
accordance with the providing administrative input into the process.
* Ensure the availability of the designer’s current drawing register throughout all phases of the
project and identify the requirement and implementation of Risk Assessments for sub-vendor
packages, ensuring robust design change control processes are implemented throughout.
* Demonstrable experience in a technical / engineering role, ideally gas related.
* In depth understanding engineering disciplines
* Knowledge of Process Safety, Safety in Design, CDM Regs 2015 and Quality Management Systems.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a business who will invest in your future with training, support and mentoring.
Success in this role would lead to additional responsibility and opportunities to further develop your career as the company continues its confident expansion through organic growth.
This is a key role within the business and presents an opportunity for professional advancement.
Suffice to say that my client will make sure that not only does this appointment tick the boxes technically, but vitally that it is a good cultural fit in the existing dynamics of the business.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
We have an excellent permanent opportunity for an Electrical Project Manager to undertake a wide variety of Electrical installation projects...Apply For This Job
I have an excellent opportunity for Water Mains / Service Layer to carry out lead pipe replacement work on behalf...Apply For This Job
About The Role My client is looking to strengthen their Engineering Design team with a Senior Civil Engineer for a...Apply For This Job
We are currently looking to recruit a Fibre Engineer for a rapidly expanding national broadband operator in the Bedfordshire, who...Apply For This Job
Our client is one of the largest and most successful privately-owned construction firms in the UK and a provider of...Apply For This Job