Joining this client will open a door full of opportunities with this truly national company that believes in nurturing, developing and ultimately retaining their staff. They work in partnership and collaboration with their customers to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Their specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
An opportunity has arisen based in the Warrington office for an M&E bias Project Manager experienced in successfully delivering schemes of varying sizes predominately to the Water Industry in sewage and clean water. This role is a mixture of design and delivery so has variety.
Day to Day Duties & Responsibilities Include:
* Assuming responsibility for the management of project delivery outputs including programme, financial position, health safety, environmental performance and progress for all allocated schemes.
* The ability to manage staff at varying levels, providing leadership, staff development and retention of key personnel.
* The ability to interact in a professional manner with senior representatives of their clients.
* To have a good understanding of NEC 3 contract conditions and an astute commercial awareness.
* Responsible for the day to day management of multiple concurrent projects to ensure the successful delivery of the project against the project KPI’s (codebook completion dates for example)
* Ensuring that all projects are delivered in accordance with current Health & Safety regulations, inc of CDM, & Environmental legislation.
* Review/assessment of in-house/subcontractor RAMS, Process Impact Assessments and Environmental legislation.
* To ensure compliance with all company safety, environmental and quality systems.
* Liaise with client’s staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints
* To manage the project team ensuring that each member has a clear set of objectives. To develop and motivate all team members.
* To assist the Operations Manager with the development of the direct labour resources
* To assume responsibility of the financial performance of each project with overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
* To participate in monthly financial reviews for all schemes with the Commercial Manager, ensuring that all Project Engineers have prepared accurate financial performance reports
* To ensure compliance with all company commercial and financial procedures.
* Complete contract documentation
* Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
* Prepare estimates and quotations & provide tender vetting for others
* To develop in conjunction with the project planner a detailed project programme ensuring that it is maintained to drive the project to key deliverable milestones.
* Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
* To closely liaise with other departments, such as tendering and design, to ensure resources are correctly allocated and client requirements are fully achieved.
* Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
* Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
* Ensure that project resources are made available to attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
* Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
* Attend site visits/meetings.
* To ensure all contract documentation such as, “As built” drawings, Commissioning Manuals and Operation and Maintenance Manuals are prepared in line with the client specifications and company/client closeout timescales
To be considered a relevant candidate for this role you will need the following attributes and experience:
* An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
* H&S qualifications
* IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management (SMSTS),
* CSCS card
* Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
* Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
* Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
* Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
* Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
* Possess a “can do” attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required
A competitive freelance day rate of £350-£400 (all inclusive) will be offered to the right candidate for this busy and varied role. To express your interest please Apply by following instructions or to find out more please call Paul Massocchi for a confidential discussion on 07932 657631
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy
I am recruiting on behalf of a reputable and long established company that has been providing specialist MEICA related services...Apply For This Job
My client has is one of the JV partners that has been awarded Lots 2 and 3 of the HS2...Apply For This Job