Joining this client will open a door full of opportunities with this truly national company that believes in nurturing, developing and ultimately retaining their staff. They work in partnership and collaboration with their customers to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Their specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
An opportunity has arisen based at the Normanton office for an M&E Project Engineer. Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for the individual management of Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes predominately for the water industry, with a particular focus on quick turnaround/emergency repair works
Day to Day Duties & Responsibilities Include:
* Outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in-house resources, site installation and construction personnel
* The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget
* Liaise with client’s engineering and operations staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints
* Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
* Attend site visits/meetings.
* Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
* Prepare estimates and quotations
* Complete contract documentation
* Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
* Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
* Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
* Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
* Compile and collate final contract documentation, “As built” drawings, test sheets etc. for inclusion into operation and maintenance manuals
* Overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
* Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
To be considered a relevant candidate for this role you will need the following experience and attributes:
* An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
* Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries with specific experience of reactive/call out type works
* Commercial and contractual awareness
* Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
* Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
* Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
* Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
* Possess a “can do” attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required
A competitive day rate of £320-£340 (all inclusive) will be offered to the right candidate for this busy and varied role. To express your interest please Apply by following instructions or to find out more please call Paul Massocchi for a confidential discussion on 07932 657631
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy
I am recruiting on behalf of a reputable and long established company that has been providing specialist MEICA related services...Apply For This Job