ESTIMATOR – RAIL – NORTH WEST – PERMANENT POSITION
Estimator currently required to join a leading Rail contractor in the North West. This is an urgent requirement, and the suitable candidate will have an extensive background in the rail industry, and will have a high level of experience of estimating within the rail industry. The role will involve working on a number of large scale rail projects, and the ideal candidate MUST be able to demonstrate a vast understanding of various rail projects, and how they have worked within the estimating function for a rail contractor previously.
* This is a senior role, and will likely require someone with a minimum of 10 years experience in other estimating positions, for rail contractors in the UK
* Able to demonstrate a vast amount of rail knowledge
* Demonstrate and excellent understanding of the latest British Standards and be able to produce cohesive bills of quantities (BOQ) drawings, sketches to allow costs to be established and material to be ordered
* Excellent understanding of various estimating principles whilst considering how a rail project is delivered
* Excellent knowledge of rail plant, possession planning and access planning
* Extensive steel and civil estimating experience and will be verse in steel fabrication principles
* Ability to estimate design costs, and provide input into production programmes
* The role will involve:
* Leading a team of pre-construction staff, producing estimates and assisting with tenders
* Coordinating the interface between all the various business functions such as design, fabrication, operational, commercial and planning
* Liaise with other estimators within the business to produce bids and secure contracts across all business sectors, including piling, civils and building works
* Analyse structural steel drawings and specifications.
* Produce high quality written submissions
* Communicate with all contractors regarding change of orders or project requirements
* Handle all tender queries both internally and externally.
The works are varied, and the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge in the following areas:
* Signal Gantries – Design and construction
* Electrification Structures – OHLE Bases and foundations
* Bridges – Fabrication, Design and construction
* Plant – The use of Rail MEWPS, RRV’s
* Civil engineering – Line-side Civils, GI Works etc.
* Basic salary circa £60k – 70k, 40 hour working week
* Pension contribution
* Continuous Professional Development opportunities
* 26 days annual leave
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced estimator to join a leaving Rail contractor based in the North West. If you would like to be considered, please get in touch.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Due to the awarding of various new schemes, our client a Ground Investigation contractor working within the construction, defence, rail,...Apply For This Job
Site Manager required for regional contractor with large order book of work in Manchester & Liverpool areas for 2021/22. We...Apply For This Job
Contracts Manager Projects: Nationwide Upto £60,000 (DoE) plus car, fuel card, pension, laptop and phone Our client is one of...Apply For This Job
NEW ROLE – Quantity Surveyor – West Cheshire – Telecoms sector – please email me to apply The company Working...Apply For This Job
Our client a medium sized multi-disciplinary consultancy with 5 offices throughout the UK and are currently looking for a Project...Apply For This Job