Estimator Contracting / Consultancy / Developer Company – Manchester
The Senior Estimator will be able to deliver reliable, accurate construction project cost analysis, prepare cost plans, quotations, accurate scope of work documents amalgamated from various sources, produce management cost reports and KPIs for live, upcoming and completed schemes. The role is to work within the developments team providing support to colleagues as well as sound financial reporting, advice and management to ensure projects are delivered within specified timeframes and on budget. This role requires very occasional travel, work is office based at the companies Head office in Salford Quays.
Job Duties (General):
* Managing own workload along with the team, working to deadlines.
* Producing location advice for properties for submission to planning.
* Producing Rent Justifications and data analysis.
* Editing and creating company documents, ensuring the current document is always used.
* Undertaking project administration as required.
* Liaise with Senior Management Team to deliver company and group objectives;
* Manage and approve all employee HR requirements
* Manage and approve all employee timesheets ensuring they are submitted and authorised weekly;
* Management of estimating activity via the QuickBase reports;
* Monitor and anticipate property pipeline workload;
* Manage and coordinate staff resources;
* Provide post-occupancy advice, facilities management services and life-cycle costing advice;
* Assist project managers with procurement of materials.;
* Portfolio, project, material and contractor cost analysis and producing KPI reports where required;
* Update data capture documents with relevant cost and reliable contractor information, tracking cost movement from Concept to completion, continually reviewing rates used for estimating against actual cost data;
* Update actual management costs and provide details of this.
The person specification should set out the qualifications, experience, skills, knowledge, personal attributes, interests and other requirements, which the post holder requires to perform the job to a satisfactory level.
Essential Desirable Method of Assessment
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
* Construction related HNC or equivalent
* Minimum 5 years experience in estimating role
* Construction Related degree
* Leadership and team working skills
* Relevant construction knowledge and understanding of works required
* Good understanding of the construction process and building techniques
* Microsoft Office Skills: competence in Word/Excel programme.
* Analysing Information/Problem solving, proactive rather than reactive where possible.
* Managing processes/ Organisation/Effective time management.
* Professionalism in both attitude and appearance at all times.
* Able to work under pressure in a busy working environment and cope with frequent
* Ability to establish and maintain trust and demonstrate tact and diplomacy
* Professional, calm and assertive manner
* Positive and flexible approach to work
* Flexible attitude to working hours
* Takes personal responsibility for making progress
* Team player: co-operates with other staff to achieve results.
* Enthusiastic team player and able to work autonomously, be highly motivated, resourceful
* Personally resilient and able to cope with stressful and demanding circumstances.
* Willing to engage with and learn from peers, other professionals and colleagues in
the desire to provide or support the most appropriate interventions.
£30,000 – £40,000
Use of work gym
Free breakfast / lunch in work
Please contact me if you have any questions on 07980 006 436
To apply please send cv via LinkedIn
Or email me
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy