Drainage Engineer – Oldham, Manchester
Our client’s Civils division is currently in need of a well rounded Drainage Engineer to be based in Oldham, Manchester who can assist in the delivery of the various projects they have underway.
As Drainage Engineer you would join a team that is currently working on drainage and infrastructure projects across a wide range of related disciplines including drainage design, highway design (S38 and S278), flood studies and flood protection.
* The preparation of feasibility studies, designs, scheme drawings, calculations, preparation of contract documents, reports and specifications and supervision of contractors.
* Design of infrastructure including SUDS and drainage systems to adoptable standard.
* Design and maintenance of highways structures such as retaining walls and bridges.
* Resolution of planning conditions.
* Undertaking site investigations including organising and interpreting CCTV surveys, trial holes, ground investigations, etc. and providing recommended solutions.
* Manage delivery of small projects or a small programme of work with minimal supervision.
* Play a key role in supporting scheme development activities, such as TTRO, permits, statutory service enquiries, environmental assessments and cost estimation.
* Carry out site supervision duties.
* Preparation and maintenance of work record and data sheets and ensuring work is carried out in accordance with contract requirements.
A bit about you…
We’re after an HNC or Degree qualified Civil Engineer who has prior experience in a similar role, ideally within drainage or general civil engineering projects.
Experience and a working knowledge of relevant design software and standards will be required, along with holding a CSCS card for relevant site based duties.
To undertake this role successfully you should be a strong communicator, have a sound knowledge of the drainage and infrastructure industry and the ability to work well under pressure.
If you’re local to the Oldham area (or able to commute/relocate there) then we want to hear from you!
This role will pay up to £40k for a Drainage Engineer ticking all of these boxes.
Apply with your CV today or give us a call at the office for further detail on the role.