Design Team Manager – South West
Our client is a specialist in offsite construction and predominantly work on the installation of niche (bathroom/kitchen) pods into traditional build projects. They have been established for more than 50 years during this period they have developed excellent relationships with leading main contractors as well as working on niche projects across the country within residential, student accommodation, healthcare and military projects. The company in 2017 achieved a turnover of circa £25 million and are already predicting that in 2018 their turnover will more than double.
They are now seeking a Design Manager to manage a team of 6 designers based predominantly out of their South West Head office, however you will be required to travel and visit clients to attend Design Meetings across the UK.
As the Design Manager you will be responsible for ensuring designers prepare design packages including Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Detail, Fabrication, Wall Panel drawings, Howick design, BoM’s either in AutoCAD or/and in Solidworks to be in compliance with Quality procedures, CDM regulations, Building Standards, relevant statutory requirements and any other relevant standards.
* Managing the design process using commercial, contractual, programme/time management and technical expertise.
* Supporting the Estimating, Sales, Buying and Site Teams to ensure a full and satisfactory delivery of each project in a timely and efficient manner to planned budgets.
* Supporting, understanding and advising the client to make sure that design is in line with Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, Contract and Employers Requirements.
* Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate.
* Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales.
We are ideally looking for a Design Manager with:
* Extensive experience of Pod or Modular build construction
* Strong M & E experience
* You will have previous experience working as a Design Manager.
If you could be open to a new opportunity or you would like more information on this role, please contact
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite .com /non-discrimination-policy