Reading, Berkshire (Flexible/agile working)
£35,000 – £45,000
My client, a major engineering consultancy, is seeking to expand their design offering by bringing on a Design Engineer.
They have been appointed as a partner to Thames Water’s 5-year AMP7 capital works programme. The programme will improve clean and wastewater services to 15 million customers, as well as improving the environment. This appointment gives them direct allocation to a multimillion-pound programme of water and wastewater non-infrastructure and infrastructure projects.
My client is looking for talented design engineers, of varying disciplines and with 3 to 5 years’ experience in water/wastewater, or any other major civil discipline, to join their growing teams. Working collaboratively with a Site Manager and Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for delivering the design of a project. This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your technical and management skills, grow your professional network, and provide you with excellent long-term potential to advance your career.
* Work collaboratively with and lead members of the project design team.
* Form collaborative relationships with the Site Manager and Quantity Surveyor, and the Thames Water project team, to understand the competing tensions of time, cost and quality, and successfully deliver outcomes.
* Contribute to creating a positive and engaging environment.
* Support the work of more junior design staff and encourage their development.
* Help to identify and develop affordable, innovative and low carbon solutions.
* Be responsible for leading and delivering multi-disciplinary design for a water, or wastewater, project.
* Produce design deliverables within your discipline.
* Provide construction and commissioning support regarding design.
* Plan, monitor and manage the design, to ensure that the design is completed within budget, on time, minimises risk, and the output complies with the required standards and quality requirements.
* Be an enabler for using my clients global design services and digital services.
* Deliver designs that consider and mitigate safety and environmental risks.
* Positively engage with Thames Water to develop relationships and enhance our reputation.
* Contribute to achieving high KPI scores.
It is envisaged that the ideal candidate will have the following:
* Qualified design engineer
* Either chartered or working towards chartership.
* Knowledge of water and wastewater assets and design.
* Experience of producing and delivering the design for water, or wastewater, non-infrastructure and infrastructure projects, from solution to detailed design.
* Experience of managing design quality control processes.
* Able to collaborate and work effectively within a multidiscipline and diverse team.
* Ability to successfully deliver design to program, budget and quality requirements.
* Proactive approach and growth mindset, with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
* Understanding of designer’s responsibilities under CDM.
The client is committed to providing a flexible and agile working environment that supports both their employees and the needs of the business. This role is likely to be predominantly home based, with opportunity for some agile working.
For more information, please contact Joshua Misailidis via email at or via phone on 020 7743 7582.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
We are recruiting an experienced Senior Civil Engineer (close to or newly) Chartered to work for a privately owned multi...Apply For This Job
Planner required to work on major Highways project in the West Midlands. This role is offered on a contract basis...Apply For This Job
Contracts Manager £55,000 – £60,000 London My client, a reputable contractor, is seeking to expand their delivery team by bringing...Apply For This Job
I am currently seeking a Diaphragm Wall Supervisor for work on HS2 in London. This role will fall inside IR35....Apply For This Job
Site Agent Reading / Thames Valley £50,000 – £55,000 My client, a large main contractor, is seeking to expand their...Apply For This Job