Commercial Manager – Civil and Nuclear Projects – Based in West Cumbria up to £72,000 plus package
A Senior Quantity Surveyor (SQS) will be a key role in a delivery contract, managing the contract administration from the early design plans, through to contract completion. You would make sure that the project meet legal and quality standards and ensuring that clients get value for money.-
As SQS you will have a sound knowledge / understanding of construction methods and materials and keen attention to detail, with strong evidence of assessments of contracts within the NEC3 suite of contracts, principally options C & E (ECC). You may be working on multiple contracts simultaneously between £1m and £65m.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Demonstrate commitment to leadership through attending the weekly Commercial leadership meetings. Responsibility on safety and security, delivering financial and programme efficiency / performance.
Review all cost reporting and Commercially lead a project and a team. Agree processes and procedures in conjunction with the existing team of Project Managers / Project Engineers, Implementation team, Legal, Procurement, Bid team, Finance, Major Projects Stakeholders. Record weekly and monthly reviews with the teams.
* If required, manage the Work Winning Team with assessment of tenders.
* Negotiate; contract percentages, amendments to terms and conditions, alterations to Contract Data and Schedule of Cost Components.
* If required, early conditional Subcontract procurement.
* Manage change management; recording change, price, coordinate programme implications with Project Controls team, negotiate, advise for escalations and complete / assist in dispute resolution.
* Manage and supervise procurement; Subcontracts, service contracts, manufacture contracts.
* Full Commercial management of the Project and existing Commercial team.
o Assist Project Controls team with risk register
o General Communications
o Internal and external weekly and monthly reporting
* Manage Subcontract accounts through to final account.
* Manage SQS, QS commercial assistants and project procurement teams.
* Act as Delegated Authority for the Head of Commercial.
* Support the Head of Commercial in leadership tasks.
* The role is a project based role. Travel is expected.
* Any other duties as reasonably required.
Key Skills and Competencies
* Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building, Engineering and Civil Engineering industries.
* Experience working on multiple projects simultaniously.
* Ability to work on own initiative and to manage others.
* Good IT skills – particularly Word and Excel.
* Excellent communication skills.
* High degree of personal motivation
* Flexibility with regard to working across all areas/locations of the business, and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging position.
* Associate or Member of RICS (Royal Institution for Chartered Surveyors) or similar preferred
* HNC, Degree qualified or similar.
* UK driving licence.
£65,000 – £72,000
Flexi time working (37 hours per week)
Based in West Cumbria
25 days holiday with an option to buy another 5 days
If you want more information on any of these roles my number is 07980 006 436
If you want to apply please email me
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy