We are currently seeking a Buyer to work for our client, a construction company based from their Leeds office.
Our client works on a variety of civil engineering and construction related projects and is seeking an individual to procure materials, consumables, plant and equipment.
Your responsibilities will include :
Economic and timely procurement of materials, consumables, plant and equipment for permanent and temporary
works in accordance with site requirements as detailed on the contract drawings, method statements, client
specification, contract programme and Network Rail possession timetables
* Economic and efficient procurement of maintenance, certification and calibration services as appropriate for
company vehicles, surveying instruments, measurement and cable detection devices etc
* Source and price supply chain services for the preparation of competitive tenders
* Monitor the manufacture and delivery of materials in order to comply with the site programme requirements
* ‘Troubleshoot’ price and quality issues with suppliers and deal with replacement of damaged or non-conforming
* Provide COSHH information and arrange appropriate technical support and practical advice to Site Management
teams for the competent utilisation and incorporation of the supply chain items within the contract works
* Liaise with the Construction Director and Commercial Director at all stages of the pre-contract and contract
works. Provide input to contract cost reports. Analyse and evaluate materials usage performance and prepare
feedback reports as directed
* Any other duties as may reasonably be required
Candidates will require a proven background in procurement within the construction industry, CIPS qualified, rail experience would be an advantage.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Professional Quantity Surveyor role -NEC3 form of contract- Civil engineering sector – Merseyside – email me to apply The Client...Apply For This Job
Site Manager – Permanent – London – Restaurant Fit Out Are you a number one site manager with recent experience...Apply For This Job
Due to the awarding of various new schemes, our client a Ground Investigation contractor working within the construction, defence, rail,...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor Area of work: Utilities – Clean Water Reporting to: Commercial Manager Location: Lancashire The Role...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager (HS2 – RC) Location: Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire Sector: HS2, RC, Reinforced Concrete,...Apply For This Job